• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

K Vest

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Guys, I have invested some money now in some Pro lessons ,
sofar 10 hr, each 30 min. I have started with a new swing,
corrected every mistake in one 30 min lesson. Now the swing looks ok
when it is compared with a Pro swing. The last 2 lessons we used
the K vest method and there is a lot improvement which I can see on the screen.
Youst final adjustment but that is key to get more lenght which is my main problem.
What do you think about that methodolgy....I hate to pay 60 euro
for 60 min plus 20 euro for the k vest training. In my opinion it is good,
but it will take some more hours and will suck the money.
My goal is to get a single HCP in the next 2 years, I will take early retirement
next year and have plenty of time to spend on the Golf course.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I had to do a search and see what the KVest was. It looks interesting but probably its going to take lots of practicing what you already learned until all the old bad habits are gone...Personally for me in order to get to a single digit handicap it takes improving your game from 150 yards and in, and improving the short game and putting...Good luck with your golfing Guru and congrats on retirement.

Where is Q? He is the golf instructor :lol:

rhounsell

Known Member
16/12/11
The k-vest training looks very interesting. I can see how it would be a great tool. For me personally I got myself into single HCP when I spent more time on the range hitting balls. I would think initially you keep up the instruction and vest training but gradually start to reduce the amount as you get more comfortable.

Right now I only see my instructor about every 3 weeks for one touch up lesson (maybe 1/2 hour, he doesn't even charge anymore) and to make sure I'm not slipping back into any old habits and spend most of my time on the range hitting buckets of balls or putting/short game/sand trap work.

Originally when I set a goal like yourself I had full 1 hour lessons every 2 weeks for about 4 months, which cost a lot, but now I'm playing good and enjoying golf with minimal additional cost.

Good luck and keep up the hard work, there's nothing better then when your hard work results in taking your friends money out on the course (and it helps refund all those costs for lessons)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
thx for all your advices......
I sold my pro 2 reps and at the moment the lesons are paid for. lol
I agree about going out on the driving range and hit a bucket full of
balls. I do this now 3x a week and use the trackman ( radar, and you can see the results in the Internet) My Golf swing looks like a swing now, but I am still working on more lenght. One Pro told me once, to get more lenght is the most challaging
task for a Pro.My drive is about 200 yards, 220 - 230 would be great.
I use a 3 rescue when good players use a iron 6/5. If I will not improve this year,
I will keep it as it is and just work on the short game. In 3 weeks I will do a driver fitting, let us see. Played 85 today, so it was not too bad.

co-axial

Legendary Member
Advisor
16/9/10
Good invest in pro hours guru :)

At your age, no offence here buddy, only swing change will add distance.
I am loosing distance atm for accuracy. My drives went down to 220/230 now. I can live with it ;)

I think it's a really great goal to go single figures ( if you have the talent and time)
I am still far away from singlenhcp, but i have 20 years to catch up to you :)

All the best with your quest. Keep us updated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Practice, practice, practice........ the short game. ;)

I have no experience with the vest. Looks pretty cool though.

[AME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frNsI2Qjr0o[/AME]