• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Received Omega Moonwatch from Sash

ttu599

Horology Curious
27/3/06
Just received in the mail today my new moonwatch with the venus manual movement from Sash. Sash was great to work with. Very easy to communicate with and quick to respond. Ordered the watch last Monday, payed via paypal and watch was shipped and at my door in 3 business days. It has a saphire crystal, which has a slight dome shape, it does not have the accent over the e on the Tachmetre and it lacks the omega engraving on the movement. Watch looks good, take a look at the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks

img1235watchfacetk1.jpg

img1241facelp2.jpg

img1240clasprl2.jpg

img1239back2wt8.jpg

img1237sidesi0.jpg

img1236watchsidewo7.jpg

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
love the display back!

I have a few pending w Sash too- hopefully its on its way too!

Enjoy your watch!!!

[smilie=icon_thumleft.gif]

ttu599

Horology Curious
27/3/06
Chronos work, except for the 6 o'clock which just follows the hour hands.

Road-Warrior

Known Member
12/8/06
How come I have seen this watch with closed back, and display back?

Which one is like the Gen?

:?:

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Gen comes with closed caseback, but display back can be specially ordered.

I've noticed that this watch no longer comes with the "bubble" crystal. Thats one of my favorite parts of the watch. The gens I've seen have it, I wonder why the rep maker has stopped using it?

Great watch and pics nonetheless!

gjermund123

Known Member
22/5/06
Road-Warrior said:
How come I have seen this watch with closed back, and display back?

Which one is like the Gen?

:?:

Depends on what you mean by gen :) The one that most people refer to as "moon watch" has ref # 3570.50.00 and has a closed back. But there's also one with a display back which is ref # 3572.50.00. I have to admit I get confused by all the Speedmaster models, so I won't go any deeper into it than that :)

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
gjermund123 said:
Depends on what you mean by gen :) The one that most people refer to as "moon watch" has ref # 3570.50.00 and has a closed back. But there's also one with a display back which is ref # 3572.50.00. I have to admit I get confused by all the Speedmaster models, so I won't go any deeper into it than that :)
The one that went to the moon had a closed caseback and Heselite instead of sapphire. The one with a display back and sapphire is the posher civilian version. :D

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
Pugwash beat me to it.
my gen .moon watch has a closed caseback and Heselite.

Its very easy to remove scratches.