• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received my gen Seamaster...nothing like a gen...

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Yes.
After years of searching, buying too many reps and the odd gens (like Tags, Omega and Tudor), I have now come home... I have come full circle.
My adventure started with the purchase of a two tone Tudor (see past posts) which I bought for a good deal at a local pawnshop. Then, I decided to wear and enjoy it for a couple of weeks then I flipped it for a small profit. With the money, I sat quietly searching the Bay high and low, TZ high and low and after a few close calls, I finally found THE watch: a full size Omega Seamaster.

I bought the watch for a great price and I set some gound rules for myself: I only wanted to buy from a Canadian seller so Customs would not be an issue. Sure enough, on the net I found this gem (see photos). I paid him via Paypal on wednesday afternoon and got the watch THE NEXT DAY at 3PM on my wrist. Did not even have to size up or down the bracelet, it fit like a glove.

The watch came with the red large Omega box, the Omega wallet, booklets and even the plastic price tag showing the price of $1,395 !!!! (Paid way less than that).

The best part of this watch is the dial: I am glad I got the rarer white dial. It is a different and refreshing change from the common blue we always see. And in person, the white dial is suttle, a touch more classy. And the watch is very photogenic!

Yes, the watch is quartz and I am happy with that: I am not worried about dropping $200 for every time the watch will need a service or a cleaning. Just pop in a battery every few years and VOILA!

Enjoy the photos.

Luke

jkerouac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
If I were to purchase a gen, I would go for one of the white dial Seamasters. When I visit an Omega dealer, these are the watches that take my breath away.

Great choice, I hope you enjoy for many years to come.

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Thanks guys!

Off reading and lurking the Dark Side...

LL

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
congrats, I have a gen SMP quartz. I love it. I got the black military dial. These watches are rock solid. You can go wrong with an Omega.

robertk

16/3/06
Great watch.....and I agree, the white dial stands out. The nicest thing about quartz is when you absolutely must know the accurate time......

Sam268

5/4/06
I brought a gen too after owning half a dozen omega reps, very suprised the caseback is alot thinner the reps and move even flat surface so it has more contact with your wrist and feels better.

putting on a gen caseback on a rep is nice too, it feels different on your wrist.

bradster66

Looking Around
6/6/06
White face

Beautiful! There's nothing like a white face on stainless steel. You done good.

RqThrottle

31/5/06
Congrats! beautiful. I have the same one on blue dial. If I had to give up all my gens but one, I would keep this one.

smpsmallji5.jpg

david-syd

Renowned Member
25/5/06
nice watch..

how much do u expect to pay for a gen. quartz seamster like that.??

$ 600us??

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I sold a used gen quartz midsized that was not in perfect condition (nowhere near as nice) last month for $610 on ebay.

Sam268

5/4/06
Gen bracelet and case back feels better, the gen case back is more flat and has a bigger flat surface area which feels better on the wrist