• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just ordered this from Andrew. Any comments on it? PO

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
Hello all,

I just ordered this from Andrew last night! So far, Andrew has had fantastic response times and I am really looking forward to getting it. He is even including a link and a half :)))

Code:
OMG0064B - Planet Ocean 45.5mm Black Bez Asia Eta 2824-2 28800bp

MOVEMENT: Asia Copy Eta 2824-2 Automatic, Steel Movement Holder, Antimagnetic cover, 28800bph

CASE DIAMETER: 45.5mm - With Correct 22mm Lug Width
THICKNESS: 13mm 
DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with White Numerals
CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316L 
BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316L (22mm Width Bracelet)
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with AR
BACK GLASS: Solid Case Back with detailed engraving 
BEZEL:  Black Uni-Directional Bezel
HACK MOVEMENT: Yes 
CLASP TYPE: Double Deployant Folding Clasp/Buckle
DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position 
GMT HAND: 

OTHER REMARKS:

Water Resistant 
Correct 22mm Width at Lugs
Correct 22mm Bracelet with "PROFESSIONAL" engraved on top of "Planet Ocean"
Correct HE Valve Placement
Serial Numbers (816880298) engraved Back of Lugs near 7.00 position

If anyone has anything to share, I am all ears!

Thanks!

Tom

Panerino

I'm Pretty Popular
26/7/06
I have this watch and it is excellent. The only difference between it and the Ultimate is the movement. It is an excellent value. Congrats....you got a good one :wink:

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
had an asian movement open yesterday....and it looked way better then i thought it would....replacements can be bought for around 15 - 25 USD.....
i have a few asian watches....2 from 3 are pretty precise....one is 2 min slow/day...which i dont really care about....
they are very good for the money!- i would say....and getting better....i would love to get your experience feedback with this ( PO ) movement !!
enjoy...it doesnt get better and cheaper then that !!

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
Thanks guys! I thought it looked like a great deal so I could not pass it up. What really had me was Andrew's help. He answered all my questions, and really put me at ease with ordering outside CONUS.

I cannot wait to see this in person. I am just so happy I do not have to worry about bezel alignment for once...lol

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Theres no doubt thats one heck of a watch for the price, I think your gonna really like it. 8)

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
Thanks Sub! I am really looking forward to it. As with everything else I do, I usually buy first and ask questions later...lol

Anyway, I know I wont be disappointed, however; I like to know as much as possible about most everything I own. I am really intrigued about the Asian ETA and cannot wait to see it in person.

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
asian copy?

hmmm

Hopefully it'll have the right type of tick. lol

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
You gotta figure the Asian ETA 2824 copy has got to better then the Asian 21 Jewel, right??

I think its gonna be just fine and when you consider what it cost its really a value.

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
From what I have read, please tell me if I am wrong. The Asian ETA 2824 is primarily the same as the swiss, just assembled in Asia?

For all intensive purposes, I would assume that the movement would be the same... BTW, what should the movement look like on an ETA 2824? I guess, how many ticks per second or what not...

I am still new to this, and am just trying to understand.

Thanks for the input.

Tom

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
no. this movement is built in china but not from the ETA (swiss company) factory. It is built as the original eta but I wouldn't expect the same quality. From what i have heard it is very good and better than the commong asian 21 automatics.

Maestrosa

Known Member
12/2/07
Well, I didnt even notice the watch goto customs and it is now at my local PO awaiting delivery!!!! I cannot wait to get it and show you all :)

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
Great purchase... I have the Swiss version on right now and it's one of the best feeling watches out there...

Realize that the gen movement is different than the Swiss or Asian copy so comparing it to gen isn't really much of a discussion... both movements will beat a lil faster than gen... but if someone points this out, well, they would have seen other stuff on the watch to know it wasn't legit before they get to that anyways....

best thing is that it's an Omega... no one questions those unless they look horrible... and this one is spectacular in real life...

haveblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/8/06
Maestrosa said:
Thanks!!! As long as it looks nice, runs fine, I am a happy camper.

you will not be disappointed.....it looks & feels exceptional!!! i have andrew's eta version but looks-wise they are the same watch.

wear it well !!! :D

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
I have to say, I am not a fan of the po's at all, except for this watch - this one is really a gem! The size is awesome and it looks like it has a good, gen, heavy feel and wear to it.

I'm thinking about getting this larger model myself from Ruby. You made a good choice, I'm sure you'll love it.

Enjoy! [smilie=icon_thumleft.gif]

gran

Known Member
16/5/06
Is that really you EUGEN?

Its strange but I could easily read your address and name by following your link....isnt that odd?

g.