• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just Bought My First Rep

fmcmla

Horology Curious
10/10/17
After joining RWI a couple days ago and spending a good chunk of time reading and learning about the rep watch world and going over various trusted dealers' reviews and their websites, I purchased the Rolex Explorer I 2010 with the 2813 movement from Hont. I decided to go with Hont because of his long term status as a TD and frankly he was the only seller who had a website that I could find that offered the Explorer I with the 2813 movement. I went with this particular watch because I've always liked the look of the Explorer I and have a spare incoming 2813 movement that I recently purchased to tinker/learn to experiment with. Paid with my Visa and the payment process went without any hiccups. I will be providing updates as the process moves along. Will also be uploading pictures of the watch and movement with case back removed as well as timegrapher shots when it arrives. Really looking forward to it.

808molch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/10/16
Hey, nice watch! i just ordered form hontwatch too. how long did it take to get the QC pics after payment?

D

d4m.test

Hey, nice watch! i just ordered form hontwatch too. how long did it take to get the QC pics after payment?
Exactly one week after placing the order. I initially waited for several days as I had not heard from him then asked for the QC pics. He replied with "watch is ready to ship" but I still didn't get the QC pics for a couple more days so I asked him again for the pics and he sent them just hours ago. It appears that he may have also went straight to shipping the watch as I just got this DHL text with shipping confirmation from Hong Kong less than an hour ago. Would have been nice if watch was shipped after getting my response regarding the QC pics but no big deal as watch looks good to me. Hont did answer (politely) both of my emails very promptly. So what did you order from him, 808molch?

D

d4m.test

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Watch arrived yesteday! I like it very much.View attachment 88544 View attachment 88545 View attachment 88546 View attachment 88547 View attachment 88548 View attachment 88549 View attachment 88550 Keeping very good time so far. Was running approximately +25 sec/d when arrived. I've since had it regulated to about +3 sec/d, give or take. Haven't measured the old 2813's power reserve as I haven't (and won't be) taking it off my wrist for extended periods of time anytime soon!
Congrats Ron. Wear it in style.