• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Josh - 42.5mm PO

slats500

Looking Around
22/3/07
Just received my black PO from Josh; what more can be said about his service - excellent.

After having problems with a 'bond' seamaster, he took it back, and sent a new one. This replacement got lost in the mail. So what did Josh do...he sent me a new watch, a PO which I asked for, at cost to him.

Outstanding service!

By the way the watch is awesome. I know some on this forum won't like this but I had to get the band resized so I took it to a watch smith in a local shopping mall (Not an AD). He adjusted the band and made comment on what a nice watch it was, I told him that I didn't think it was a real Omega and a friend bought it in Hong Kong. He then studied the watch for a couple of minutes and stated he still could not tell, he said the feel and quality of the watch was excellent.

Before I get toasted by those on the forum who will probably say that I shouldn't have told him; he is not an AD, and he didn't strike me as the type that would report back to Omega HQ. In fact, I'm sure he would actually do some work on it for me if I asked.

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
I have a few unbranded watchsmiths in town that said they would be more than happy to work on my watch. As a matter of fact they have from time to time. Small town watch shops I am sure are more discrete than big town ones. If you have a small customer base, you have to still pay the rent.

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
Great first post slats..welcome to the darkside....watch your step, pull up a chair...someboby get him a brew :D
your second post should include your first watch pics...it's in the bylaws,really
welcome aboard
V

jkerouac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
smyrnasurfin said:
Small town watch shops I am sure are more discrete than big town ones. If you have a small customer base, you have to still pay the rent.

Independents, whether in a small or large town, are in the business of servicing machanical watches. With the ADs taking the lion's share of the "brand" service business and competition on the low end for quartz battery replacements, they should be happy that people are still buying any watches with decent mechanical movements and care enough about them to have them serviced.

If were a watch repair guy, I think the biggest knock against reps would be that many are so cheaply made that they aren't worth servicing and essentially become throwaway junk when they break down.

When I take a watch in, I ask whether he can work on a 7750 or a 2836 or whatever it happens to be, rather than leading off with "will you work on my fake Omega?"

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
jkerouac said:
When I take a watch in, I ask whether he can work on a 7750 or a 2836 or whatever it happens to be, rather than leading off with "will you work on my fake Omega?

I fully agree with you. I say I have a watch with an XXXX movement, can you service it?

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
yeah, easier to say movement. some watch places dont service reps saying that "it's cheaply made so we dont want to be liable for handling it"

pffff whatevs