• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC NSD - Teardown

D

d4m.test

after i greased mine up when i bought it, it tested to 10ATM easily... i think it would go higher even, but my tester only goes to 10.

I believe it! I really like the design of the compression key mechanism. I didn't really understand how it worked before, but now that I saw it in pieces I must say it kicks ass.

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
I got mine the other day, and the crown is really tight to the lock mechanism, and as I turned it counter clockwise the crown actually screwed off the stem! I screwed it back in and its nice and tight again, wont screw off anymore.

Are stems simply screwed into crowns or is there some sort of glue used? Just wondering if I should do anything about it long term even though its good now.

md2020

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/7/12
I just serviced my blue sub (21j) and after I did everything I thought I should of took pics like this :banghead:

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

md2020

Banned
26/7/12
The crown when engaged in the keyless system it should stay in place when you screw the crown.down it should down like a screw.

pitpat

Known Member
12/12/11
heya,

sometimes i cant change the time or the date when i pull out the crown. after pushing it in und pulling it out several times its working again. any ideas? :(
cheers

md2020

Banned
26/7/12
That's the keyless works sometimes when they muck up if you pull it our and push it back it fixes its self most of the time your not that lucky and have to re do the keyless.

P4GTR

Banned
9/9/07
I admire those of you who can do this. I wouldn't know where to start.

I usually start around the time I break something, except when I proceed to fix it, I break it more. :lol:

i-dont-always-break-the-build-but-when-i-do-i-dont-care-to-fix-it.jpg

Rick914

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/11
Texas
Great insight to the make up of this fine piece. I just got mine today and will be servicing the movement and greasing the gaskets. This will make it a lot easier going in. Thank you!