• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JLC Master Ultra Thin 41 - disappointing...

Gourdieu

Horology Curious
6/5/15
Does anyone know where I can find the best version of this watch ?

I'm looking for this one (not the one with the date).

JaegerLeCoultre-Master_Ultra_Thin_41_SS.jpg

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
anyone have one of these watches, Im mad keen to get one

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
Everything was good until I noticed this on the movement: THIRTY-SIX (32) JEWELS.....
See pics

If only the Makers of these reps would share QC photos of prototype parts with RWI, we could assist them by catching things like this.

With our (free) assistance, their products would improve, and sales would soar not only because errors would decrease but because RWI members would gain a sense of "ownership" by participating in the process. Instead, silly mistakes like this making it all the way through the pipeline.

Then again perhaps the Chinese are now taking fashion queues from the Japanese - who love wearing tee shirts that *intentionally* have random and nonsensical Engrish words scattered upon them. If you make the mistake of trying to "help" by correcting their "mistakes", you'll find that you missed the point! They don't want shirts with correct English phrases on them. Correct English on a Japanese shirt wouldn't be Japanese enough.

So maybe this is an example of Chinese rep-watch humor?

wtf-japanese-shirts-22.jpg%3Fquality%3D85%26amp%3Bstrip%3Dinfo%26amp%3Bw%3D600

DoesNotExist

Known Member
1/10/16
There seems to be another ultra thin JLC that has been recently released, any thoughts on this?

http://www.intime.co/jaeger-lecoult...-silver-dial-on-brown-leather-strap-a938.html

Similar one is also listed in "Puretime" site, together with many other similar ones (with or without date, different leather straps)
http://puretime02.com/master-ultra-thin-ss-silver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html

Someone has any experience also with them ? What about overall reliability of MIYOTA 9015 movement ?

Nouveau

Horology Curious
5/10/16
Same rep everywhere... same mistake. I would choose a seller who sends a video before shipping the actual whatch watever the JlC I would purchase to be sure I dont get that silly improved Miyota

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
Same rep everywhere... same mistake. I would choose a seller who sends a video before shipping the actual whatch watever the JlC I would purchase to be sure I dont get that silly improved Miyota

here there is a video http://puretime02.com/master-ultra-thin-ss-silver-dial-on-black-leather-strap-miyota-9015.html#

but i don't understand the flaws on the movement..what is the problem ? the write 32 ?

also the indices on the left are not perfect aligned :-( a wathsmith is able to aligned it ? :unsure:

wanderingwhole

Looking Around
9/3/17
Hello all! If anyone is still interested, here are a few pix of the Master Control Ultra Thin 41 Rep that I have. It does have the 32/36 Jewel issue, but that has never really bothered me. It's really taken some abuse because I wear it all the time, but still a nice watch. Calipered it at just over 8mm. Hope this helps!! :)IMG_2146.JPG IMG_2145.JPG IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2148.JPG