• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JKF 6263/6241 - Movement keeps getting unseated!

Ladidadi

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
Hey all!

I'm having this recurring issue where my vintage Daytona's ST19 movement keeps getting unseated. After a sharp movement, the movement/dial moves away from the crystal on the left side of the watch. Pictures below. I need to bump it the opposite direction to get it back into properly seated position. I can't imagine this constant bumping is good for the watch.

I opened it up and attempted to see what was wrong. Looks like the case clamps were completely bent inward - at a 90 degree angle. I tried bending them back and ended up breaking them. Got some new case clamps and bent them in a bit, and got them screwed in, but it made no difference - looks like these case clamps just aren't actually hooking to the ridge inside the case in a way that ensures the proper tension to keep the movement seated properly.

Anyone have this issue? Anyone have a fix? Anyone in the CONUS I can send it to to get this fixed for me?

K1LH0p.jpeg

K1Lh55.jpeg

K1L2tF.jpeg

K1L3Pb.jpeg

K1LANt.jpeg

Ladidadi

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
20/1/23
USA
Different sizes… one will fit and hold the ST movement in place
Tried a bunch, actually!

The issue is that the ridge that the clamp is supposed to hold against is actually deeper into the case (closer to the crystal side) than it is for most cases that I've dealt with. You'd need to literally shape one of these so that it catches that ridge properly - and that shaping process needs to be so precise that honestly it's a fool's task, being that you're blind to the geometry of the inside of the case once the movement is in place.

Unless there's something I'm missing - perhaps someone with experience with these JKF Daytonas can chime in!

Last edited: