• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jaeger LeCoultre NSD movement

overflow1972

Known Member
5/9/11
Good morning.
I use my NSD watch about two-three times and nothing wrong really happened with the watch. But now it does not work anymore. While it runs, then it stops and now it does not want to start anymore.
My watchmaker said that he used oil because there was a gear that didn't want to run. But then it stopped again.
Since I do not want to lose money, then I'd like to buy a new movement for this watch.
I do not now exactely which movement I have now, but it is 28.800 bps for sure.

Could someone suggest me a good but not too expensive new movement to buy for my watch ? Could you suggest me where to buy it ?

Thanks so much

gmg_3

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/14
You may want to service the NSD. Some have very nice decorated movements to match.

overflow1972

Known Member
5/9/11
Thanks for your reply. My dealer offered to repair the watch for free but I have to ship it to China and I am from Italy. It will take too much time. If I can I'd prefer to buy a new movement.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks

overflow1972

Known Member
5/9/11
I wouldn't ship it back to China if I were you. I believe that NSD have A2824 movements, you can get a clone for around 65gbp at cousins uk: https://www.cousinsuk.com/category/watch-movement-search-by-calibre-only you need to sign up if you still haven't. Or you can get a swiss movement 2824 on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOVEMENT-ET...E-3H-GOLD-PLATED-SWISS-MADE-NEW-/131022004249

I just found this movement on the COUSINSUK website : Movement, ETA 2824.2 ........but it costs about 144 GBP. Where is the 65 GBP model ?

Thanks

overflow1972

Known Member
5/9/11
Well maybe I found it. It is the TY3120M code ate 65 GBP, but I have simple questions (stupid questions for sure)........because I am not a watchmaker.......so I need help :D

Let's suppose that I am going to buy this new movement.......

1) I suppose that my JLC has now a marked "JLC" rotor. Will my watchmaker be able to change the new rotor with the marked one ?

2) What about with the DATE mechanism (I mean the big rotor with the date numbers). Is it possible to use the old date rotor to change the new one ?

3) What about the stem ? Will the watchmaker need a new one or it is possible to use the stem I have now ?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but before to buy a new movement I want to be sure ?

Thanks and regards