• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

J12 White Ceramic for guys ?

Nareekoi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/8/06
So, would you wear a white j12?
I am going to get one for the wife and was planning on getting a black one for myself,,,but then I am starting to like the white one.

jack_bauer

Renowned Member
12/9/08
They make the gen for a guy so it's really up to you. It does look a little more metro than most watches but it would also depend on what you're wearing with it.

Time4Direct

Trusted Dealer (In Memoriam RIP)
Gold Patron
25/3/08
There is a 42mm chrono if you are worried about 38mm being too small as well

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

lol...."metro" is the polite way to say it looks "kinda gay" (no prejudice or offense)

It´s really up to you, if you like it, and if what you wear fits a white Ceramic J12, then go ahead.
...Personally, the J12 always was a women watch in my opinion - even it being made as a gents watch - I think it´s the watch that we see on the wrist of those fashionable girls/women that "like to bling but with no ice"...

I have never seen a man wearing a J12, not even a black one, who could say a white one (The white one is really up more to women) ...and apart from the GEN counterpart being expensive, the look of it always brought me the cheap idea to my mind. Not matter how much $$$$ it does have on its pricetag, it looks cheap for me, dunno why.

It´s more a fashionable watch than anything else - in my eyes.

Just my 2 cents
:)
Cheers,
Spirit.

volumecontrol2

3/11/08
the J12 is definitely is made for a woman. 38mm is a unisex size as gucci and a few others are doing the same. One of the sales staff at a local AD was wearing one. Looked good on her but couldn't see a guy wear one unless you wear lots of white and live in the tropics.

gazumi

Renowned Member
21/8/08
I've seen a man wear a white one but he wore it loose like a bracelet... very "metro"

brtelec

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
16/8/06
Phoenix
I don't see any problem with it as long as it matches your purse. :D Just kidding, I think it would probably look all right in the right casual atmosphere like on the back of your yacht in the islands. I personally can not see myself wearing one. I like the black one however in the larger size.

Vigil

8/11/08
jack_bauer said:
They make the gen for a guy so it's really up to you. It does look a little more metro than most watches but it would also depend on what you're wearing with it.

Such as a skirt and blouse for example. :wink:

Nareekoi

11/8/06
The metro dude inside me likes the white j12, however dont think I can pull off wearing one.
Would only go with a few of my outfits;;;pink polo and jeans with white chukka boots and big gradient brown sunglasses?!
Couldnt imagine it with a sports jacket or suit or even just a regular dress shirt.
Too limiting as much as i like it. I think it will be the black one for me.
So no one has seen a guy wearing a white j12? Where are all the metro dudes?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
Nareekoi said:
Where are all the metro dudes?

....Probably hanging out in the YMCA Bar, with some People from the Village.
:lol:

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I've seen a man wear a white one but he wore it loose like a bracelet... very "metro"

You know sean?

The main Chanel model comes in 41mm. That is a man's size.

2poor4real1z

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/7/08
I bought the 38mm for the wife who didn't like it, I wore it for all of an hour and decided I just wasn't that comfortable in my manhood to keep it on.... Yea it looked kinda gay IMO