• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I've found a use for the 42mm PO rubber!

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
:lol: I'd given up trying to get the rep PO strap to fit properly on my Jos-supplied PO. It was looser than Annabel Chong after one of her 'marathons'!

Anyway, I'd got the newly delivered SMP GMT in black, I was about the resize the bracelet - which, happens to be the better quality solid clasp with divers extension. Since I already have a mass of steel banded watches I thought I'd try the rubber on. Even after grinding the metal nipple off, it still gave some resistance, which meant I had to bend the (spare) spring bars to fit it. See what you think...

S5001167.jpg

S5001173.jpg

S5001172.jpg

S5001169.jpg

S5001170.jpg

Not bad hey? I think this will do very well as a travel/daily beater. Cheap enough not to bother me if it gets busted, tough enough not to fall apart after a few knocks
S5001171.jpg

Natron

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
11/10/06
Looks good. I always like the rubber for outdoor events here in florida. Gets too hot sometimes for leather. Today wore my Carrera on rubber to the everglades with the kids.

Nate

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
Natron said:
Looks good. I always like the rubber for outdoor events here in florida. Gets too hot sometimes for leather. Today wore my Carrera on rubber to the everglades with the kids.

Nate

Yeah, seems like rubber is definately the way to go when scrambling about. Whenever I go walking/climbing in the mountains I'd always been weary of using leather or steel straps. Opting to use a cheap and cheerful G-Shock instead. Now I can pose in the country pub afterwards! :lol: