• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It’s got potential

Waccoe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/22
Gods country
Hello all
I found this little thing hidden in a old golf I bought about about 5 years ago , I did have it checked then and the jeweller was pretty sure it was a rep, so in a cupboard it went as I didn’t really have a collection then.
Having a clear out it appeared back into daylight again , a few shakes and the second hand sweeps into action. So as you can see it’s been someone’s beater but with a bit of tlc should make a nice extra to the box.
So to any modders and tinkers what toolset would you recommend for a beginner? Can I get a clasp lock separately or would it have to be another clasp? Does the pearl insert at 12 have to be gen or is there any sites that provide these?
Many thanks hopefully we can help this stray find a wrist again.

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Open the case up, see if the case says "Gelena Shitinerand" instead of Geneve Switzerland. There are people that collect those just for the comedy aspect of it. Not kidding.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
There’s no value in any rep mate , but is there a project for a newbie? As a starter for nowt .
Really ? I have reps that I can pass along to any member here and get some of what I spent back. The watch you posted is a pure trash. Explain to us what you see there. Maybe we aren't as well versed as you are at this game.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
There’s no value in any rep mate , but is there a project for a newbie? As a starter for nowt .
What they are trying to tell you is that you will spend a whole lot more repairing that watch than it's worth. You are much better served by applying that repair money towards the purchase of a decent rep.

Waccoe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/22
Gods country
Really ? I have reps that I can pass along to any member here and get some of what I spent back. The watch you posted is a pure trash. Explain to us what you see there. Maybe we aren't as well versed as you are at this game.
As I have put in my post , it’s a possible project to learn on , something to mess without any financial worries. I have asked about possible tools or small parts to help me , but yet again you and your “ know it all patrons “ would rather condemn me . It’s no wonder so many “ newbies “ as you and yours call us , never bother offering up to supporting the group. Although my time on this forum has been short, I have noticed those profiles that a free with their advice and the familiar ones who like to troll.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
As I have put in my post , it’s a possible project to learn on , something to mess without any financial worries. I have asked about possible tools or small parts to help me , but yet again you and your “ know it all patrons “ would rather condemn me . It’s no wonder so many “ newbies “ as you and yours call us , never bother offering up to supporting the group. Although my time on this forum has been short, I have noticed those profiles that a free with their advice and the familiar ones who like to troll.
You asked a question and we gave you the best advice possible. Did you want us to tell you that investing $1 into that piece would be a wise move ? If you want a forum that gives you real advice you're in the right place. If you're a sensitive person who wants to be pandered to, it's not going to happen here. Read @Cicero 's post. He hit the nail on the head.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
If you want to spend money on the watch there are replacement parts (pearls, clasps, links, etc.) that can be purchased from eBay, Star Time and other watch supply stores. Google what you want to buy. You can also remove the caseback and tinker with the movement. Look for 116610 parts.

Reactions: Waccoe

Feefo

Holding the eject button
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
What's with you guys buying cars and finding reps in it? This is the second case in a matter of days.
Maybe if I buy a used Ferrari I'll find a gen in it?
Mhhh GIF by Driverama.com

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
That's what happens when you buy a 79 AMC Pacer. No one is buying an S63 and finding this trash in it.
Are you saying I won't find a shitter Rolex for 50 bucks in an S63?

I'll put that to the test.

Let me go to my local Benz Autohaus