• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

It doesn't make sense !!!

ljay

23/4/06
Can anyone tell me why the Omega rep makers would come out with a rep that is pretty close to perfect from a marking standpoint and then go ahead and still install hands that are to short and leave off the AR coating ? I ask this because I ordered the Ultimate 45mm PO from Andrew a few days ago. I thought it was pretty close eventhough I knew it had 20mm lugs instead of 22mm without "Professional" on the clasp but it finally had AR coating and longer hands and then two days ago the dealers release another version with the proper 22mm lugs, proper clasp labeling but no AR coating and short hands. What is up with that ? Can someone please make some sense of this for me ?

Ljay

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Maybe different producers (maybe not)

Chinese manufacturers couldnt care less about these minutae as they will sell ALL their produce

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
Josh I noticed posts that his new 45mm version has A/R coating... Trusty does not mention it I see. And both 'new' 45mm versions with correct bracelet have shorter hands yet they both just released (a month ago) the 45mm version and it had the correct length hands (I had bought one).... ugh is what I say too!

WHY!!!! :!:

I want josh's new one but that orange bezel pearl triangle not having the outline is holding me back.

UGH.

prometheus

19/5/06
darn

would you really buy josh's new one?

I just did. And that was before reading this thread!

Just assumed that the newer version would be better updated. oh well...

trade anyone? hah

madSub

14/4/06
No it is much better updated.... but new reps seem to come out every other month and upgrades to popular models even more sooner. The nice thing is josh is xlnt to deal with and it will be a quality product none the less. Post pics and more when you get it!!

prometheus

19/5/06
Live and let live

Yup, for a while after I read this thread. I panicked. And then, I realised, what the heck!

With you experts the minute hand might be notably shorter (notably?) but that watch had

to be a definite improvement or the dealers would not have listed it for sale!

In addition, it really is a great watch.

ljay

23/4/06
@madsub...I did notice that Josh does mention a "light AR coating" but I'm a little leary about the term "light" and as Trusty makes no mention of the coating...I'd be curious to know if is actually noticeable...so, if anyone has received theres from Josh yet....please let us know....AR or no AR. I should have my ultimate arriving soon from Trusty and he says the coating is like his 4th gen which has a very nice AR coating.

Ljay

prometheus

19/5/06
Good dealers!

Well, I believe that the only defects (real and not some quirky outline thingy) are the hands are a little short.

But everything else is correct! (and that's important!)

from what I understand of CWAI's guide to changing omega PO parts,
changing the hands should not be too difficult! Just order them! and Voila!

Its the strap width... so... buy buy buy!!

ljay

23/4/06
Has anyone noticed the Omega logo in Josh's pics ? it looks like it's a lot bigger than the Gen logo
Ljay

sdpartier

1/8/06
ljay said:
Can anyone tell me why the Omega rep makers would come out with a rep that is pretty close to perfect from a marking standpoint and then go ahead and still install hands that are to short and leave off the AR coating ? I ask this because I ordered the Ultimate 45mm PO from Andrew a few days ago. I thought it was pretty close eventhough I knew it had 20mm lugs instead of 22mm without "Professional" on the clasp but it finally had AR coating and longer hands and then two days ago the dealers release another version with the proper 22mm lugs, proper clasp labeling but no AR coating and short hands. What is up with that ? Can someone please make some sense of this for me ?

Ljay

In my opinion these rep makers leave out just enough to make a perfect rep. Why? I think it's because they can come back and fix these little minor flaws and still be able to push their products after a new generation is introduced. The formula is simple. Make it good but don't make it perfect. Get some sales. Fix the imperfections though not all of them. Sell some more....

It's all about $$$$ in my opinion.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
sdpartier said:
In my opinion these rep makers leave out just enough to make a perfect rep. Why? I think it's because they can come back and fix these little minor flaws and still be able to push their products after a new generation is introduced. The formula is simple. Make it good but don't make it perfect. Get some sales. Fix the imperfections though not all of them. Sell some more....

It's all about $$$$ in my opinion.
Your opinion is wrong, in my opinion. :D

Usually when you see an improvement, it's from a rival factory. If they could, the factories would release 100% perfect reps every time. That way, they get all the sales. An imperfection is an opportunity for the competition to steal your sales.

prometheus

19/5/06
Ljay... You're right again

Well it is true that the logo is mis-sized.

But if you take into consideration all it takes is a simple (so I'm told)
dial and hands swap, u have the perfect rep!

That's how i rationalize my order haha! If you get all the difficult parts right,
like the bracelet width and the clasp markings and the HE valve placement.

Everything else that is minor (dial & hands) can be fixed. I do believe the dealers
will assist whoever bought the latest version in procuring the dial & hands. In fact,
the factories can just mass produce that.

Talk about quick fix huh...

ljay

23/4/06
Re: Ljay... You're right again

prometheus said:
Well it is true that the logo is mis-sized.

But if you take into consideration all it takes is a simple (so I'm told)
dial and hands swap, u have the perfect rep!

That's how i rationalize my order haha! If you get all the difficult parts right,
like the bracelet width and the clasp markings and the HE valve placement.

Everything else that is minor (dial & hands) can be fixed. I do believe the dealers
will assist whoever bought the latest version in procuring the dial & hands. In fact,
the factories can just mass produce that.

Talk about quick fix huh...
@ prometheus...maybe when my ultimate arrives from Trusty I can send my long hands, dial and crystal to you and we can create our own "pass around" perfect PO rep :)

Ljay

prometheus

19/5/06
Sure thing!

Haha! If the dealers don't come through with updated parts for a self-upgrade.

We could do that!

But I'm quite sure of their ability to come through!

So until then!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
I wouldn't expect a "dealer" upgrade package any time soon. Occasionally a dealer will source extra parts but there just isnt enough money for the hassle to deal with individual parts. Someone like davidsen will do upgrade parts that cover multiple watches, i.e. panerai (most panerai parts for sale are innerchangable between a few models at least). I also wouldn't expect the PO to keep getting better, and you may just find the next time its changed it is actually worse.