• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issues with AP sec's @ 12

tridad

5/11/08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I received my watch about two weeks ago, and after getting it, I set the time, date, gave it a good wind to get it started, the chronograph seemed to work just fine, and everything was fine.
This past Saturday, after not wearing it for a couple of days since I got it, I went to adjust everything again, because the watch had stopped, I noticed that when I was unscrewing the crown to make adjustments, that it didn't feel right, and now I find my self not being able to wind the watch, because, when I pull the crown all the way out, all I can do is adjust the time, and when I push it all the way in, all I can do is adjust the date, but I can't seem to even screw it in all the way anymore. How is it possible, that after two weeks of having it, and taking care of it, I might add, that this things fall apart without evn touching it. Yes I can get it going by shaking it, and it is running o.k., although, the chronograph sems to start, it runs for a couple of seconds, but it stops. Then yes, I can reset it.
Has anyone experienced something similar, do you think that when I got the watch the first time, after setting everything, and screwing the crown back in, that there was something lose already, and iut was just a matter of time???
Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
I love the watch, and I don't really want to send it back, but for $568, I don't think this should've happened...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
If you can't wind it and if you can't screw the crown back in,
then the first wheel after the steem could be broken. Happened
to me before, you need a new movement. If you can,send it back!

tridad

5/11/08
guru said:
If you can't wind it and if you can't screw the crown back in,
then the first wheel after the steem could be broken. Happened
to me before, you need a new movement. If you can,send it back!
Thanks for the advise, I think I will have to do that. :cry: :cry: :cry: