• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Issue With Ebel

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
Hello All,

I have a problem with my Ebel, pic bellow.

My son pushed the upper button, activated the chrono but, now I can't stop it and reset the watch, does anyone now how to stop it and reset?

3746ca1e.jpg

Cheers,

Max

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I have a watch with a Swiss 7750 that did the same thing. I don't remember what exactly it was but when I opened it up and looked it was apparent that a lever had slipped out of place. It was easy to fix. Sorry I can't tell you more but I'd suggest you open it up and take a quick look. When I saw how the button was supposed to work it became very clear immediately.

AstroAvia

Renowned Member
29/8/08
BRAZIL
maxlawbr, did you solve the issue? Try pushing hard the reset button once (nothing should happen), then push the start/stop button again to stop the chrono. With the chrono now stopped, hit the reset button to reset the hands back to zero.

Some movements have the switch disengaging the chronograph cam, most probably because the operating lever pushes the chrono cam too much. By pushing hard the reset button once the issue appears, one forces the switch to engage the chrono cam again.

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
I read your post today and took courage to open the watch.

I tried what you said without sucess, then open the watched and saw the levers and the mechanism that start/stop/reset the chrono.

Then I put a small screwdriver between the push button and the movement, and they engaged and start functioning again.

I tested some times, and it is all ok now, nice fix.

Thanks to you and KBH.

Max