• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is Volcano vs Panda vs Safari?

authentic

Known Member
13/9/12
Hi, I have been surfing on the forum for awhile. Finally come to a point that I wanted to invest in AP ROO.

I have found some Gen vs Rep reviews on Panada and Safari. However, I cudnt find any thing for Volcano. Judge from puretime's photos, it looks gen like. But USD$500 is still some serious money, I wish you experts can give me some suggestions.

I prefer Volcano > Panda > Safari.
I think Panda and Safari are the most gen like ROO right now.
How about Volcano??

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
They all have the same flaws. The date wheel position is the most obvious tell. I like all three that you mentioned. I own a Panda that's been modded. If you like the Volcano the best, go for it. They are all great reps. Make sure to get an aftermarket strap. The rep ones are disgusting.

authentic

Known Member
13/9/12
They all have the same flaws. The date wheel position is the most obvious tell. I like all three that you mentioned. I own a Panda that's been modded. If you like the Volcano the best, go for it. They are all great reps. Make sure to get an aftermarket strap. The rep ones are disgusting.

Does anybody do the mod on the date wheel here in the forum??
I will probabaly get the volcano then.

One more thing. besides cyclope, do you think I should spent money on double AR crystal and relume??

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You would need a Gen dial and a different movement. You're looking at a mod that's going to cost you well over $1000

Double AR on an AP is a must. Relume depends on which model. I relumed my Panda and it was pointless.

authentic

Known Member
13/9/12
lol. Thanks BMW, I guess I will leave the flaw then.

Double AR and probably Relume it is.

Is there different version on Volcano tho?

1 j enhanced movement or rounded button??

And most importantly, which TD would you recommand?

vpx

Renowned Member
2/11/10
All the AP ROOs have the same common flaws, the datewheel cyclops position, the caseback being too thick, the pushers being all in line with the crown...

Some models have their own unique flaws, like the Don Ranon de la Cruz has a printed AP logo instead of a rose gold marker. The old model of Safari did not have any silver outlines on the numerals (that has been fixed), the old Volcano had a painted orange tachy ring (this has been fixed to the brushed-like anodized finish of the gen). Don't quote me on this, this is all from memory.

I don't think they require any modding really. The most I would do would be to get a new strap, maybe a relume if the model has any (Safari and Volcano do not, so not necessary), have the pushers rounded by the dealer...

Get what you like to wear, don't let you make a purchase you don't actually "like" simply because it looks more gen-like.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
You can round the pushers yourself. Most of the flaws will be nearly impossible to spot while on your wrist. Even the date flaw, is something most people don't know about. The AR is the one mod that is easy to see. But it's all up to you, really. If I didn't tell you all this, would you be able to spot these flaws ? 99% rule applies here. :)

OSX

Renowned Member
19/12/10
i love the Safari, and I have sold my Volcano although it is a gorgeous watch.

Why dont you order both, and sell the one you like the least in the sales section...

The Volcano requires an AR... on the Safari, its a plus.

ologoff

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/10/12
Imho, the ranking is

-Safari
-Volcano
-Panda

HPoirot

31/3/11
Please don't lume your volcano.

None of the indices are supposed to be lumed.

They're all orange and awesome enough on their own.

Whether to AR or not to AR will depend on whether you prefer accuracy or awesome.

It looks better with AR, but the gen doesn't come with it.

Though, i could be wrong about the AR.

authentic

Known Member
13/9/12
Only the Diver comes with AR, this on the inside of the crystal. The regular ROO does not have AR. I have a gen crystal here.

This is very good information.
But why does the regular ROO crystal looked so AR finish?

Sultan Brunei

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/12
i love the Safari, and I have sold my Volcano although it is a gorgeous watch.

Why dont you order both, and sell the one you like the least in the sales section...

The Volcano requires an AR... on the Safari, its a plus.

Why does the volcano need an AR ? Original AR from TDs is bad?

And what do you mean with on the safari, its a plus?