• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is version of PO chrono with correct dials in the works?

fernshaw

18/1/07
Is anybody aware of plans to do a PO chrono with dials that are placed correctly, in the correct size? I 'm told even the best of the reps rout there rely on the asia 7750, which doesn't have correct subdial placement.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Get the quartz version if you want better subdial spacing. It's simply impossible to do a 7750-version with correct spacing. You either accept the wrong spacing or forget the watch. Sad but true... applies to Speedmasters as well.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
that is the reason i don't have a PO Charon or a white dial with blue hands broad arrow speedy. it is unfortunate but i don't see it being fixed.

Bodo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/06
I was wondering about the subdial spacing because I always thought that Omega uses ETA movements for their watches.
The Seamaster PO Chrono has a Co-Axial movement Cal. 3313.
It bases on the Frederic Piquet caliber 1185.

So it´s explained why the spacing is so different from the gen.

Maybe is´t possible with a gear drive over the 7750 like on Daytonas with Sec @ 6. :roll:

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
I don't think there is enough of a demand for the Omega chronos like there is with the Daytona to justify a fix of that nature.... plus, the chronos are just positioned poorly... the seconds running in a different subdial on the Daytona would have been a huge difference....

So, I don't think enough sales would be created through a fix to justify the expense....

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Simply put, rep makers currently have two chrono movements available to them, 7750 auto and Seagull manual wind. Unfortunately both these movements have similar subdial spacing. The rep makers build reps, not movements. Because the PO chrono has a date window, the 7750 is the ONLY option. It WILL NOT GET BETTER. By-Tor reccomends the quartz chrono, but even though the subdials look nicer I believe the case is smaller (40mm?). I really didn't mind the 2nd gen 7750 chrono dial, and I loved the datewheel on the 3rd gen, but for some reason they decided to screw with the size of the 12, 3, 6 and 9 numerals. Ultimate would be a 2nd gen with 3rd gen date wheel.