• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this the most accurate Omega replica ever?

lowbudget

Horology Curious
25/5/09
...from the box that is. It hasn't been a lot of talk about this model at all, how come? (used the search function).

Gen:
Omega-speedmaster.jpg

Rep:
e2e94fb852659fc3059d2cdae3552188.image.750x498.jpg

Gen:
11159.jpg

Rep:
pic.php

Contrary to other Omega replicas, I cant distinguish any obvious flaws except the wrong date wheel and lack of double AR(?), which can be fixed quite easily to my understanding.

So my question is, as seen in the title, is this the most accurate Omega replica out there?

Thanks!

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I would say it's one of the most accurate, but you have to remember there is no perfect or 1:1 rep, they will always have flaws. For example, the omega logo on the rep is wrong compared to the gen, the rep has the 'happy-feet' logo where the ends of the Omega symbol's feet are raised and very pointy.

lowbudget

Horology Curious
25/5/09
I would say it's one of the most accurate, but you have to remember there is no perfect or 1:1 rep, they will always have flaws. For example, the omega logo on the rep is wrong compared to the gen, the rep has the 'happy-feet' logo where the ends of the Omega symbol's feet are raised and very pointy.

Yes, I'm aware of the impossibilities of creating a perfect replica, however this one seems to be one of the better Omegas, as you also stated.

Regarding the "happy feets", I cant see them :? Please take a look at the picture below, they are, in my eyes, not raised.

pic.php

lowbudget

Horology Curious
25/5/09
344e18a59530b72d57090615b4c32482.image.750x498.jpg

Well, after inspecting this watch, you're right. How come the the rep with a blue dial (and black dial?) has straight feet opposed to this?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Y
es, I'm aware of the impossibilities of creating a perfect replica,

Not impossible my friend, just bad bussines :)

Col.

b16a2

13/1/07
I think the most obvious flaw on this watch is the AR. For some reason they have put double AR on the crystal, but the genuine only comes with an inner coating.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the most accurate omega rep i am aware of is the constellation.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
The question on the Subject is going to attrackt all the "anal" guys, picking on stuff that no one would ever see.
Rest asured that this rep is one of the best replicated visually, and you wont be called out wearing it.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
tenshin2002 said:
The question on the Subject is going to attrackt all the "anal" guys, picking on stuff that no one would ever see.
Rest asured that this rep is one of the best replicated visually, and you wont be called out wearing it.

I will, I'm always going around with a magnifying glass and a list of all the flaws on the reps asking people to show me their watches for close inspection. I also carry a scale to check on the weight. :)

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Double AR? I would hide that thing as I walked down the street. :p

Seriously though....