• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I have my first rep on the way....couple of questions.

bzzzbomb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
Hi guys,
This may be my first post on any of the Fori, but I've been a lurker/learner since nearly the beginning of RWG. I have drooled and coveted, but never ordered until recently. So....I've got one ot Trusty's asain Subs on the way. I'm sure youre familiar with the watch. A simple qestion...Does this sub replicate a current year gen? If not, from what year gen does the rep come? I sold off an Invicta to order this dude.
Now its just the waiting game!
Thanks,
Rick

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I believe the ones that Trusty is selling right now are supposed to represent the last 5 or 6 years. Making it a 2000-2005/6 model. If it is an LV, then those came out in 2003 for the Rolex anniversary, so it would be a 2003-2006.

I have only seen pics so I am not totally sure, but it won't really matter. Nobody will know the difference. If it does not have lug holes and the 6/9 are closed, say it is post 2000 and you are cool.

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
99% of the "experts" you meet have no clue! The biggest single, easily spotted trait is the engraved crown on the crystal at 6:00 combined with lug holes. Fako, but you can always claim a replacement crystal.

Honestly, as long as the second hand sweeps and it doesn't say "Polex", you're pretty safe. There have been so many minute changes to the watch over the years that just about anything can be explained away.

You'll be fine!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
If its the model he's been advertising lately, it is pretty dead on to the current model,
I will bet getting one (or two) myself shortly.

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Hey, Bzzzzzz,

Why don't you try a..........uhhhhhh.........Panerai!

UMMMMMMMMMMMM.........Panerai!

Instead of "Hey, is that a fake?", you'll hear "hey, what is that!"

Come to the dark side.......oh, ya, you're already here!!!!!!!!

bzzzbomb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/06
Hey, I have been checking out the Silix Pams and even Andrew's crazy sale. I have more Invictas that I could sell too! I've got about 25 watches, all "gens" of varying value, but my Seiko divers (Monsters and Knights) are my current favorites. Maybe I will have to try a Panny!
Don't try those Jedi mind tricks on me to get me to buy them by the truckloads though. I have seen how addicting this game can be. :D

What model should I start with? :shock:

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
For most people the PAM 001 or the PAM 111 are the basic starting points.

They are both great reps and they are both pretty accurate.

The only thing most people will do to them is get the cannon pin replaced and have the dial relumed.

A new strap is a must, the replica straps are really crappy.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Roeod4 said:
For most people the PAM 001 or the PAM 111 are the basic starting points.

They are both great reps and they are both pretty accurate.
Yup, but whichever you get, you get a real wristclunker. Huge square thing.

My Girlfriend already thinks my Sub is too big for me...