• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this PO a rep?

Martyd3

Horology Curious
27/7/06
po1.jpg

po2.jpg

madSub

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/4/06
I'llbe the first to say yes. Crown not like gen if 42.5mm watch... no A/R perhaps??

Just my .02

kirev

Looking Around
30/4/06
Looks like the minute hand is a little short too...hard to tell from the pix

fine dd

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/8/06
The genuine have serial numbers, the reps not. Why??

omegaseriennummerfu8.jpg

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
Its real difficult to tell from the angle the picture is taken. You are right that from that angle you should be able to see the AR coating. The bezel being misaligned is always a dead giveaway but I'm not sure if its misaligned or just off by a click. As to how the pearl looks it does look a little flat but again that could be the way the picture was taken. Without seeing a dead on shot or a side shot is tough to tell. I also have never seen the PO with gold hands. So my .02 cent would say rep.

Sean K

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Gold hands are from the lighting, another sign of no ar. Pearl is actually easier to tell from an angle as on the gen the luminous is recessed and covered with a clear layer.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
robb79 said:
The relief valve looks off as well.
How can you tell at that angle? It distorts the perspective so bad. I mean I'm pretty sure its a rep but the pix suck.

Sean K

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
I agree about the pearl. thats always a give away for me on the omegas. they have a very shallow pearl with a thick ring around it.

mdg137

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/5/06
The absence of the serial number is the easiest tell. No need to analyze anything else--

PO pearls arent just shallow, theyre concave.

pman

Known Member
28/6/06
Here's photo of a gen. I think the watch shown above is a rep. For me the biggest "tell" is the minute hands. On the gen. the hand reaches the top of the minute markets. This watch does not.