• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this "fake" RO 15400 actually genuine?!

Janda

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/8/19
Wowee! That's some great news. It still plays on my mind where it came from, it's story. The lady at the store said she had sold two other of these kind of "fakes" in the 2 preceeding weeks, one being a breguet, which is also a high end brand.

Savers being a major chain that donates to charity( but not as much as you think), my honest belief is that a well off watch collector decided to be generous to charity and donated one each of the 3 weeks, but donations being anonymous there's no communication, and the silly savers lady sold each of them for $90, thinking they were fake, and in effect dishounouring the generosity.

So check your fake breguets, because there's probably a real one floating around Melbourne getting beaten daily like it's a knock off lmao. Also a 3rd watch out there but unsure of brand/model.

Reactions: legend

Clockw3rk

7/12/19
I have only been here a week but
this is gotta be the story/find of the year...

roseimperial

Known Member
25/2/19
I just read this whole thread. Holy guacamole-y. I am unsure how to feel about this. What an insane story. WHERE'S THE ENDING?!

Janda

8/8/19
It's ongoing... Perhaps now is the time to explain the watches risk-laden and uninsured adventure to WA after spending a weekend sitting in a post office maintaining epic power reserve after being hastily bubble wrapped and drop of before close on the Friday, to no advantage it became. As the pending escrow payment had not yet been received the package gets a hold put on, though with no return address it is now doomed to be sent to the DLO(you know what that is) and not returned to anyone but the package is not located, went through an unusual path of delivery centres at which point it gets delivered to reception at the new owners place of business. Upon receiving the late instructions the driver then returns and retrieves the package, and knocks off for the day. The new owner had it so close he even saw the delivery driver on the cctv... Discussing the slow escrow he decides to send cash and the next morning of delivery he sends me a fantastic unboxing video, a true legend of a buyer, who I maintain contact with. The price saved him tens of thousands, I made of pretty well too. Now I'm a watch nerd, have a collection of nice ones now and for some reason still check RWI almost daily. The watch is happy I presume, on its new adventures. I miss it a LOT, I wonder if we could track down the original purchaser? That would tie it all off nicely it think.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It's ongoing... Perhaps now is the time to explain the watches risk-laden and uninsured adventure to WA after spending a weekend sitting in a post office maintaining epic power reserve after being hastily bubble wrapped and drop of before close on the Friday, to no advantage it became. As the pending escrow payment had not yet been received the package gets a hold put on, though with no return address it is now doomed to be sent to the DLO(you know what that is) and not returned to anyone but the package is not located, went through an unusual path of delivery centres at which point it gets delivered to reception at the new owners place of business. Upon receiving the late instructions the driver then returns and retrieves the package, and knocks off for the day. The new owner had it so close he even saw the delivery driver on the cctv... Discussing the slow escrow he decides to send cash and the next morning of delivery he sends me a fantastic unboxing video, a true legend of a buyer, who I maintain contact with. The price saved him tens of thousands, I made of pretty well too. Now I'm a watch nerd, have a collection of nice ones now and for some reason still check RWI almost daily. The watch is happy I presume, on its new adventures. I miss it a LOT, I wonder if we could track down the original purchaser? That would tie it all off nicely it think.

Ah you sold the watch Janda?! What a pity mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Clockw3rk

7/12/19

Janda I have been on your side through this whole thing, and your watch your choice,
but...

Your great story just became that dudes great story.

Why did we save him 10’s of thousands again?

Janda

8/8/19
I thought a 100x return on my investment was enough for me lol, pass on the good vibes, paid some debts off, got another nice watch ofcourse, ended up buying a nice V8 Lincoln very rare in Aus then passed that onto a family that used to own it back in the day, completed a nice circle there, then took a gamble on a hotted up classic ford that has paid off, great to cruise in.

so the world keeps turning, nothing quite like owning an AP though I must say, the feeling inside lol. Amazing craftsmanship, but so also are some of these reps too so they're also to be appreciated.