• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this enough to be a reject pearl?

cl0nd0n

Horology Curious
28/9/11
Guys

I don't want to waste your time with a load of QC pics but this is my first PO. I am hoping to buy this one as a bit of a project. I will hopefully find someone to do the work for me but I plan to put in a gen dial, hands and crystal plus the usual crown & tube. My only worry is will I be able to get the bezel insert replacement done for the right colour one and a much better pearl. As I have never done this it may be an issue.

Would you reject these QC pics because of the pearl or is this about normal for a rep bezel? It seems to be very off centre to me and almost outside the black triangle on the right.....

Other than that from what I can tell the rest of the watch seems to be pretty good. (or am I missing something?)

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Thanks

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
The problem here isn't the pearl, its the triangle that is off.

Reject it for that reason? Hmmm, i would accept it, since i would be modding it... Not that a big deal, everything else looks fine!

And thats an advice from the biggest nit picker around the forum!

cl0nd0n

Horology Curious
28/9/11
The problem here isn't the pearl, its the triangle that is off.

Reject it for that reason? Hmmm, i would accept it, since i would be modding it... Not that a big deal, everything else looks fine!

And thats an advice from the biggest nit picker around the forum!

Thanks Pap.... Solid advice. The only bit that worries me is how to fix this. Having read many threads on the bezel and insert on a 45mm it is not straight forward & I am not skilled to do it. I hope someone on the forum would be able to do a gen bezel insert replacement for me?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Thanks Pap.... Solid advice. The only bit that worries me is how to fix this. Having read many threads on the bezel and insert on a 45mm it is not straight forward & I am not skilled to do it. I hope someone on the forum would be able to do a gen bezel insert replacement for me?

Unfortunatelly factories have not done us a favor and make it a straight swap...

Thats the best solution there is http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/upo-45-5-104395?p=1022100#post-1022100 or a very heavy modding to fit it...

Anyway, as you say most of our modders are doing this kind of job...