• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a Noob Yachtmaster?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
fakemaster said:
I still think a Sub in a polished case would look awesome!

...awesome for attracting sharks while diving, that is :lol:

But jokes apart, yeah, it could look cool, but still would look misplaced.
...I was about to get a 16610 [Black Bezel] and was asking about one on the local dealer with a better bracelet that the ones he had there. I was pointing out the round indent of my Daytona clasp for him, and he said he could get one of those for me.

...Thought we were on an agreement, but on the next day, he appeared with a black Sub on a Daytona bracelet.
Looked so wrong....case all brushed..bracelet with polished midlinks :roll:
Sometimes communication is a bliss..and between different native languages, it can be a plague.

Still on the subject, a friend of mine was contesting Rolex for having "bling" diving watches, and he told me that we would rather have a "proper" professional diving watch, that was black, with a thick rubber strap or something that would attract less animals (read: sharks and stuff) than a Sub or Sea-Dweller.
Myself, as a Rolex-dude, only could give him a massive beating of pimp-slapping for that, and pointed out the bone-crusher Sea-Dweller DeepSea for its maximum diving abilities.
But none the less, he has a point on this shiny subject...

Cheers,
Spirit.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

...I have seen GEN Rolex owners replacing bracelets tho...

I saw Yacht-Master´s with Daytona bracelets (on this, the only difference is the clasp, anyway..)
...and saw one more interesting: Some fella got a GMT-Master II "Pepsi" and just changed its claps for a GMT-Master II "Ceramic"

He said the clasp is expensive and he sourced it from a friend, installed it, and brushed the center of the clasp, since the GMTIIc has polished midlinks, and the Pepsi doesn´t.

Here´s the end result, and I think it looks DAMN nice...I would like to have a GMTIIc bracelet as spare to exchange sometimes with my GMT-II "Coke"
clasp1x.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.