• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there any RM rep widely accepted as "reliable"

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
I'm curious on if I should consider one, or keep waiting for the factories to make a movement that will be accurate (ideally not a clone but if it was 4130 quality I'd probably consider it)

I see that a lot of RMs have the NH35 movement from Seiko. Is this movement HEAVILY modified to the point where a swap is impossible? Are there some parts that are not interchangeable like with the PFF Nautilus Miyotas?

I would love to dip my toes in a RM35-02 but I'm open to any model honestly. I wanted yellow but now I'm just open to any color I think whatever speaks to me. Only if they are reliable though, if not I'll just keep it pushing with a new Tungsten DD40 or something. Cheer thanks for your feedback!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I'm curious on if I should consider one, or keep waiting for the factories to make a movement that will be accurate (ideally not a clone but if it was 4130 quality I'd probably consider it)
I highly doubt you will ever see an RM movement that's accurate. Besides the BBR, I have not seen many issues with RM movements. They are pretty basic and seem to work well.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
I highly doubt you will ever see an RM movement that's accurate. Besides the BBR, I have not seen many issues with RM movements. They are pretty basic and seem to work well.
Thanks for the feedback. While accuracy is important, the most important thing to me was that I just wanted it to work well as you said. I'll probably check out some ZFs and see what model is right for me:)

Reactions: TESLA760

brry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
12/1/22
I have had a BBR v2 for almost a year with no movement issues. Recently I received a BBR 35-01 which seems to use a new Seiko-based movement. No issues there either thus far.

willthewristmaster99

1-800-WatchAddict
Supporter
Certified
15/5/23
Michigan USA
I have had a BBR v2 for almost a year with no movement issues. Recently I received a BBR 35-01 which seems to use a new Seiko-based movement. No issues there either thus far.
This is what I was hoping to hear, thanks for taking the time to reply mate

brry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
12/1/22
This is what I was hoping to hear, thanks for taking the time to reply mate
For sure! And personally I would recommend the BBR RM35. The carbon ntpt is much better and the weight is far closer to gen.

positivitony

Renowned Member
Certified
8/7/14
ZF 055 and 052 owner here

55 second hand stutters but keeps great time
52 has never given a single issue despite being huge