• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a way to put in gen pushers?

Panny162

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/11
Been thinking about this. Seems like a quick mod that would make a big difference.

Or even if our handy finding a way to cut the edge a bit with an exacto blade maybe.

Love to here if anyone has done any mods like this. And if the pushers could be sourced.

Thanks.
Panny!

Dan_lie

21/10/10
I don't think you will be able to find the pushers lol will be very hard...

Im not sure if the rubber coating is thick enough to try and bevel the edges tbh.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
I don't think you will be able to find the pushers lol will be very hard...

I was thinking the same thing after reading the title and then the section it's in. Finding a dial is hard enough already, but pushers? Yikes! Harder to find than he perfect rep. :)

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
guan, there are a couple of AP ROO dials available on the bay right now. Not that hard, it's just that one dial goes for over 700 bucks

Imaknockov

18/1/11
I don't think you'd have a very easy time finding these on the 'Bay, but if you can find a good watchsmith, chances are that he/she can source parts such as these. Think about it: the pushers are rubber, and could very easily get scratched or nicked from regular wear, so it's quite feasible to think that replacement parts are available.

If you can get gen dials, you can get pushers! Just a matter of knocking on the right door.

QinetiQ

Banned
6/8/09
I don't think you'd have a very easy time finding these on the 'Bay, but if you can find a good watchsmith, chances are that he/she can source parts such as these. Think about it: the pushers are rubber, and could very easily get scratched or nicked from regular wear, so it's quite feasible to think that replacement parts are available.

If you can get gen dials, you can get pushers! Just a matter of knocking on the right door.

I highly doubt AP will supply parts to independent watchmisths. I'm down to believe that they will send replacement to ADs only

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
good luck with the hunt, it will be hard finding those pusher pieces :)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
you cannot get gen parts for APs, even if you have SN. Some people change the dial on their watches after some time, only an AD can do it. The customer gets the dial and some of them sell then on ebay. I was able to buy a RC dial on ebay, the price was 700 EU and I made an offer for 400. It did not sell for 700 and 2 weks later I got a mail and the seller offered it for 400.

Panny162

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/11
Thanks for all the comments. I knew it was probably a shot in the dark. Just thought I would ask.

chromed.

I'm Pretty Popular
26/5/10
gen dials r one but pushers, I'm not sure whether e A7750 or even e ETA 7750 will accept them.. afaik, in order to fit a GEN dial, u'd need to swap out e mvmt to a GEN AP mvmt&if so, I think e pushers as well..I rmb reading on one post e positions of e rep pushers r slighty off.. but I stand to be corrected.. then again, I'd sort e other aspects of e rep b4 e pushers to get it as close as possible..

just my 2 cents :)

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
is there any way one can file down or sand a bit the current pushers to simply make them more round ?

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
I guess that is a possibility, but I'm afraid the pushers would het damaged by doing this.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
When you mean damange you mean the actualy pusher or just the rubber coating would look bad and get damadged ?

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
ok got it
to bad
I dream of figuring out a way to make them more round

if only