• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is there a new Seamaster Chrono on the block??

2LTL2L8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/07
I placed an order from Puretime a week ago for a blue Seamaster Chrono. I recieved it in the mail last night and I must say it's a bit different from most i've seen in reviews. First off, the bezel was properly aligned from the factory, with the 45 minute tick mark perfectly aligned with the pointy part of the bezel surround. Second the watch has the brand new style Omega Monster large sized logo on the caseback. The older models had the small omega monster with the wave pattern. Mine has no wave pattern, and it's the same exact caseback that comes on the new SMP non-Chrono. I couldn't find any pictures of the gen SMP Chrono that is new for 2008 but i'm assuming it's using this new caseback as well.

I haven't seen anybody posting up pictures of a model like i've recieved and i'm curious if this is a new model, or if Puretime's factory just started to make a few changes. I'll see if I can't snap some pics.

2LTL2L8

22/10/07
Here are some quick pics that i took... also it's hard to tell from other people's watches... but my hands are definately red, as well as the seamaster font.

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0151.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0153.jpg

beefy6969

28/9/08
Although these are new, there are still some flaws.

--OMEGA lettering is wrong
--heard that the needles are not the exact shade of red
--still uses screws for the bracelet instead of pins
--datewheel still wierd

vejaman

1/11/06
The model this is made after came out in the 2007 Omega catalog. Notice on this one you also get the silver rings around the lume dots. On the gen the lines connecting the letters pass through the middle of the letters instead of the bottom. Pearl position on this one looks good as well as the bezel itself. I am currently working on installing the gen 2007 dial and a gen bezel on my SMP chrono. Once it is done I will post pics of the process.

Nice purchase, wear it well and enjoy!

2LTL2L8

22/10/07
I'm not sure what everyone means by screws in the bracelet since this is my only omega rep. My breitling SOSF definately has screws in the bracelet, but this omega is not the same as that.... it's just a pin that you push out, and one end happens to look like a super tiny screw, but it's non-functional. I couldn't even find a screwdriver thin enough to pretend to turn it. Thats when I decided to just us a pin remover on the other side. All in all it's a very attractive watch. I will throw this out there though.... the watch has zero AR, which really disappointed me. I'm glad i got the updated version, but the watch I actually ordered was supposed to have a single sided AR. Does anyone know how much any modders in the US are charging for AR, or who i should talk to?

2LTL2L8

22/10/07
triple-d said:
Still a nice watch!!!

Thanks man.... I know it's not perfect, it is a rep after all, but it definately feels like a nice purchase.... It just needs some AR and I'll be 100% happy :mrgreen:

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
2LTL2L8 said:
triple-d said:
Still a nice watch!!!

.. It just needs some AR and I'll be 100% happy :mrgreen:

My gen 2531.80 has very very litte AR on it if at all. I have'nt seen the new gens to be honest so I don't know if this the same or not.

vejaman

1/11/06
gen only has single sided AR on the inside of the crystal. Spent a lot of time in ADs with this one and I have to honestly tell you I can't detect the AR even on the gen. Don't know however if that's just because the blue dial is masking the blue hue of the AR of if they use a different AR. However, the ADs have listings with codes for all the Omegas that specify things like calibre, materials (SS, Ti...) and SS AR or DS AR, on the 2007-2008 SMP Chronos they are listed as SS AR. Hope that helps.