• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the new 45mm crPO gen construction?

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Just wondering, as I have a gen bezel from the 2500 model.......

Thinking of frankening one of these (instead of my existing UPO) as the bracelet is better. Wondering if the only difference to the old model is the bezel height.

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
Why not just swap the bracelet if that is all your concerned about? Just to be clear you are talking about the ceramic planet ocean not new 8500 rep correct ?

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Long story, but thinking that a new case and bracelet from one of these for a franken PO might be the go, particularly if the gen bezel would fit on the case. Rep bezel construction on my 45mm UPO is not the same as gen.

I would think the case dimensions on the 8500 rep would be bigger? If not, same question could be asked of that model as well. No, I don't really care if my early 2500 bezel/dial/etc are not strictly accurate for the bracelet.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Where are you going to get the parts to franken it? Impossible or at least very hard.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Where are you going to get the parts to franken it? Impossible or at least very hard.

If I do it, I'd be intending on building a 2500 out of it, using gen 2500 parts, if the gen 2500 bezel fits the case. Guess I might be pioneering this one.....

dsmdave

Renowned Member
15/1/11
OH... I got ya. So what you are wanting to do is use a replica 8500 case for genuine 2500 parts? I am not going to say that it won't work.... but the cases are completely different. Would be interesting to see if it would work or not.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I know the gen cases are different, but the rep ones....... Hmm.

Main thing was to fit a gen bezel, cos you just can't on a 45mm.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
If i understood well, you want to build a franken po with 2500 parts but using the case of the ceramic po as a base?

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I know the gen cases are different, but the rep ones....... Hmm.

Main thing was to fit a gen bezel, cos you just can't on a 45mm.

So you mean my Franken UPO with a complete working genuine bezel does not exist ;)

Yes it needs some skills but can be done.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
So you mean my Franken UPO with a complete working genuine bezel does not exist ;)

Yes it needs some skills but can be done.

Can't be done using my UPO case without major mods. And I mean major. And I mean the full gen bezel, not just the insert.
So what base watch did you use, and is it a 45 or a 42? Which version?

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
UPO has no versions... It was the latest one. Sunnydale and Inushuk are the twwo guys who have installed gen bezels on their UPOs.

Modding is needed and a spacer ring but it can be done!

sunnydale

29/8/09
UPO has no versions... It was the latest one. Sunnydale and Inushuk are the twwo guys who have installed gen bezels on their UPOs.

Modding is needed and a spacer ring but it can be done!

Yes and it is not so big task people think. The modder that is no longer trusted here charged me 60 euros for doing it. It would help people to see the ring but I am not going to damage my UPO, sorry.

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
Pap, thanks bro. Didn't know there was just one.

SD, good on you for making me think! I think I now know what was done. If I machine down the rep bezel to fit inside the gen bezel, then it will work.

Looks like I'll be logging some lathe time shortly.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Sorry to borrow your thread but are there genuine parts available already? I am interested of the bezel, might buy another CR UPO if available. Genuine crystal and bezel would make my day!

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Lots of misinformation going around sunny. Old parts available as you know, new parts will never be available. They are not for general release, part of new restrictions on parts. The only way parts for the Ceramic PO may come about is if they end up on ebay being sold by some gen owner who has left overs from service.

OP I honestly think these CrPOs are not worth upgrading with gen parts, nice watches out of the box but too many flaws. Maybe noobs release will have better dials/bracelets/bezels out of the box etc. I very much doubt the BP crpos are gen construction anyway, gen dimensions yes but the only way to know for sure would be to start swapping parts which we don't have.

sunnydale

29/8/09
Lots of misinformation going around sunny. Old parts available as you know, new parts will never be available. They are not for general release, part of new restrictions on parts. The only way parts for the Ceramic PO may come about is if they end up on ebay being sold by some gen owner who has left overs from service.

OP I honestly think these CrPOs are not worth upgrading with gen parts, nice watches out of the box but too many flaws. Maybe noobs release will have better dials/bracelets/bezels out of the box etc. I very much doubt the BP crpos are gen construction anyway, gen dimensions yes but the only way to know for sure would be to start swapping parts which we don't have.

Nice reply, thanks drbollocko! So we need to group buy a genuine and then order a new bezel for it to check if it fits rep ;) I am ready to "store" that genuine here in sunny Finland! Just paypal me your money, [email protected]

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I am with dr too. I don't think we will see new parts any time soon.

Used will start being available after the first services.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I am with dr too. I don't think we new parts any time soon.

Used will start being available after the first services.

+1 and the bezels that start coming out after the first services for the CPO may even be very expensive on the 2nd hand market, I heard of someone who needed a replacement bezel for their new Ceramic SMP which got damaged and omega quoted him 1100 Euros for the bezel. :shocked: I'm sure it would be something similar for the CPO.

Nice reply, thanks drbollocko! So we need to group buy a genuine and then order a new bezel for it to check if it fits rep ;) I am ready to "store" that genuine here in sunny Finland! Just paypal me your money, [email protected]

:D that pretty much sums it up sunny. ;)

Rovin

Renowned Member
27/6/10
I was only trying to see if the bezel was same dimensions as the gen, and guessing that the bezel itself would be same as the 2500 model. Then bung the two together, with my gen 2500 parts, and get the upgraded bracelet while I was there.

Definitely DO NOT have any crPO parts.