• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the 42mm PO a "Ultimate"?

VAP1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/12
So I have read By-Tor's great reviews of the UPO (45mm) and as well as a few other members reviews of both the PO 42 and 45, really great information. But I am not sure if I am missing something, if please point me it the right direction. Is the 42mm also a "Ultimate" version? As it is called on PT's site, or is this just a name to cash in on the success of the 45 version? Does anyone know what the most noticeable differences are on the latest 42mm version versus the Gen? Again, if I have missed it, my apologies.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
It's a very good rep. Not quite the same level as the Super-reps form Noob factory etc but very good.

The pearl is a bit too big
The lume isn't superlume (but it's better than most reps), and the wrong colour
The Omega Logo is a bit low on the dial
The end links are a bit loose but good springbars helps this.
The AR is a bit over done with the blue tint

It's as good as the Ultimate 45mm PO. Very good rep. Need a real Omega fan to call it out.

ajs914

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/07
If you want the 42mm get the 5th generation. The 42mm is one of the best reps out there so don't get stuck on marketing terms.

VAP1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/8/12
Thank you for the info Ajs and Watchman, I plan useing this as a base for a mod, so it sounds like if I end up changing out the dial and hands I am going to closer to the gen.

msap7222

Known Member
28/3/11
If you wanted to be really pedantic a gen band would really make it look as close to gen as possible!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

repnew

Horology Curious
25/3/12
Hey guys,

I'm having a hard time finding a black dial/bezel V5 42mm Seamaster with a rubber strap.

Are the dealers out of stock or was this combo never made?

Thanks for helping out a noob!