• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is the 15710 white dial is as good as the black dial?

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I've read most of the threads about the 15710, but not all of them, so forgive me if I missed it.
I saw that the 15710 black is considered to be a great rep, some would say first class even.
I'm thinking about getting the white dial v9
https://puretimewatch.io/watch-bran...lack-rubber-strap-a3120-v9-free-xs-strap.html
Is it as good as the black dial? What are the major flaws/tells (except the caseback)?

On the AP site I saw it in white / blue while the rep is white / black, so the rep is a fantasy model? Or just an old one?
https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak-offshore/15710ST.OO.A010CA.01/

Last edited:

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Its two different watches.. black/white and blue/white- ref: 15710st
The black/white is more ”gen” like in color. The white in the blue and white is more of i heard.. i have one white/blue.
f1b13d6ac1755c3b346cf64d2e5e37a0.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
^ This is my new V9... I also have the V2 but was always a little unhappy with the incorrect tapisserie size, so I bought the V9 with intent to mod with low beat / DW / cyclops etc as it is probably my favorite rep, regardless of gen accuracy. Just a lovely watch to wear.

Regarding the OP's question, the white/black dial rep is far from accurate as the gen dial color is a much creamier white, while the rep dial is a silvery white that is similar in tone to the white dial rubberclad model. I actually much prefer the rep dial over the gen as I think the rep color is beautiful and the gen dial color is quite unappealing. If the gen dial was the same as the rep this would be the only gen AP I would buy... As far as the other tells, neither the black or white (V9.5/V9) divers are anywhere near super rep status.... The V9.5 black is closer but if you study a gen dial/inner bezel then you will see the major flaws that anyone with knowledge could call out.

If your intent is to fool anyone that either watch is gen, then neither watch is good for your purpose.

Reactions: csthe

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
^ This is my new V9... I also have the V2 but was always a little unhappy with the incorrect tapisserie size, so I bought the V9 with intent to mod with low beat / DW / cyclops etc as it is probably my favorite rep, regardless of gen accuracy. Just a lovely watch to wear.

Regarding the OP's question, the white/black dial rep is far from accurate as the gen dial color is a much creamier white, while the rep dial is a silvery white that is similar in tone to the white dial rubberclad model. I actually much prefer the rep dial over the gen as I think the rep color is beautiful and the gen dial color is quite unappealing. If the gen dial was the same as the rep this would be the only gen AP I would buy... As far as the other tells, neither the black or white (V9.5/V9) divers are anywhere near super rep status.... The V9.5 black is closer but if you study a gen dial/inner bezel then you will see the major flaws that anyone with knowledge could call out.

If your intent is to fool anyone that either watch is gen, then neither watch is good for your purpose.

Thank you mate for your answer.
I don't try to fool anyone, I think this is the wrong "angle" to look at things. When I buy a rep I want to know how close this rep to what the original designer had in mind, after all, this is a "fashion" item (I have a watch in my phone, on my tv, microwave and nearly on any device...).

Based on the Super Reps NWBIGs list, the ROO 9.5 driver is a super rep - do you think this is wrong?

Last edited:

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Woundup did you get the A2824 or miyota 9015 movement?
puretime v9 has miyota. intimes v9 has a2824.

Last edited:

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
can I find a white rubber strap that will fit the end links of this one?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Personally I think there are still too many tells with the V9.5 to warrant the super rep label.

Garuda - I bought the A2824 from intime as I already have a mikey DW waiting for this movement (and Ryan is my TD).

I agree with this. No way the v9.5 is a super rep. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip
G

I had one on a bracelet (black and white JF). It was gorgeous. I did get a white rubber strap but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit :(
3f4199b2e70fb9b42ff44a8870181f84.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

csthe

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/13
I had one on a bracelet (black and white JF). It was gorgeous. I did get a white rubber strap but for some reason I couldn't get it to fit :(
3f4199b2e70fb9b42ff44a8870181f84.jpg

That is what I wanted to know. AFAIK (and I know only little about ap) there are several different types of end links, so not all straps are compatible with all divers... Any ap expert can verify this?

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
All JF rubber/SS/ leather fits for JF plots. And some early noob plots to. If you buy straps from eBay. Its a nother story.you may need to modify the strap/plots. Do the holes bigger or mod the plots. And if you buy gen straps i think the fit. Maybe some gap, i have. Heard this so dont take it as facit,i have never own a gen strap..

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

G

That is what I wanted to know. AFAIK (and I know only little about ap) there are several different types of end links, so not all straps are compatible with all divers... Any ap expert can verify this?
So here's the weird thing.

The JF diver bracelet fit no problem whatsoever. Flush to the plots and watch. I got this as an extra from my TD at a cost £ (my AP arrived with the standard black rubber strap).

The JF white rubber strap did NOT fit at all. Even after trying a different set of plots. The screw holes in the strap did not align with the plots which also did not align with the watch head. I also got the white rubber after I had the watch from my TD.

However this was nearly 2 years ago now, I'm not sure if things have changed?