• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is it really a real 18k gold plated and real 904L stainless steel ??

promax01

Rep watch for life
Patron
Certified
19/11/22
Conus

Enjoy the 20+ pages of discussion :)
Thanks. But after read 10 pages . I still not found with replica is using 904L, but anyway thank you for correcting me

vortex_hj

Horology Curious
16/5/21

Enjoy the 20+ pages of discussion :)
Thanks very much mate for this awesome post reply .
Also there is a microbrand I found that claim to use 904 L

and STIENHART and BALL
Two of these brands claim to 904L. I am sure they wont be making a fake claims of this

Reactions: pistebasher

Warteliste

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/23
EU
It depends on the watch. I think the „never buy gold reps“ standard is a bit harsh.
I’ve been into yg jewellery for a while and can spot fake gold fairly quickly.
But a few watches and other pieces are absolutely impossible to distinguish from real 18k, even for experienced jewelers.

Nikzav

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/22
Thanks for putting this post. I was wondering the same. Typically I would never consider anything gold or similar but for some reason a Rolex rep gold plated with the Oysterstrap seems good for me. Thanks again for sharing!

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Sigh. Gold plated will never be the same as real gold and lord knows why anyone would want to try to pass off a good plated replica as a genuine solid gold piece. They can get close with the tone of the plating but never will be able to offset that nasty little density thing causing the weight difference.