• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing AMF Rolex Daytona 116519LN Meteorite

riverSF

Horology Curious
20/8/22
San Francisco, CA
I received the Meteorite Daytona a few weeks ago and am finally getting around to posting the pictures. I ordered this in Dec 2023 and received it in May 24. My thoughts on the Meteorite Daytona, which I absolutely love:
  • The Good
    • The dial is really spectacular; it really catches the light and changes colors / patterns as it moves without being overly flashy or distracting. It's beautiful and subtle. I tried to take a video showing it here but it doesn't fully do it justice
    • The text is very crisp (some of the photos made it look like the text was bleeding, especially DAYTONA so I tried to take a closeup that shows no bleeding)
    • Many people notice and comment on the watch (could be good or bad depending on what you want)
  • The Not So Good
    • It keeps time terribly (loses ~5 mins / day). I realize this is a relatively easy fix but I wish the 'full teardown service' the watch said it came with meant that it was accurate
    • The weight vs. gen isn't something that can be solved without the use of gold, but it is obvious (although only if you knew to look for the heft, and the Oysterflex bracelet means the gen isn't super heavy to begin with)

I also have the 15202 (see thread there for the review / pics), and my blue 5712 just shipped last week. I am still waiting for the blue 5711 that I paid for in Oct '23 but I'm told it will be done in a few weeks. Will post pics of both of those when I have them.

Enjoy!

AusRepcollector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
I received the Meteorite Daytona a few weeks ago and am finally getting around to posting the pictures. I ordered this in Dec 2023 and received it in May 24. My thoughts on the Meteorite Daytona, which I absolutely love:
  • The Good
    • The dial is really spectacular; it really catches the light and changes colors / patterns as it moves without being overly flashy or distracting. It's beautiful and subtle. I tried to take a video showing it here but it doesn't fully do it justice
    • The text is very crisp (some of the photos made it look like the text was bleeding, especially DAYTONA so I tried to take a closeup that shows no bleeding)
    • Many people notice and comment on the watch (could be good or bad depending on what you want)
  • The Not So Good
    • It keeps time terribly (loses ~5 mins / day). I realize this is a relatively easy fix but I wish the 'full teardown service' the watch said it came with meant that it was accurate
    • The weight vs. gen isn't something that can be solved without the use of gold, but it is obvious (although only if you knew to look for the heft, and the Oysterflex bracelet means the gen isn't super heavy to begin with)

I also have the 15202 (see thread there for the review / pics), and my blue 5712 just shipped last week. I am still waiting for the blue 5711 that I paid for in Oct '23 but I'm told it will be done in a few weeks. Will post pics of both of those when I have them.

Enjoy

Can't wait for mine in a few more months time. Hopefully they sort out the regulator for it too!

riverSF

Horology Curious
20/8/22
San Francisco, CA
Can't wait for mine in a few more months time. Hopefully they sort out the regulator for it too!
You'll love it!.

On a related note, it's worth mentioning that I never contacted AMF or let them know about the issue before I posted about it (didn't want to deal with shipping back and forth), but they have since reached out and offered to make things right. If you do have an issue, they will definitely address

AusRepcollector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/18
You'll love it!.

On a related note, it's worth mentioning that I never contacted AMF or let them know about the issue before I posted about it (didn't want to deal with shipping back and forth), but they have since reached out and offered to make things right. If you do have an issue, they will definitely address
That's great. I got the sense they must have gotten in touch given what they posted after you did the review. What was the solution? I totally get not wanting to post it back etc. I think I'd be in a similar situ with that myself.

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
I just ordered the 116505 (rose gold Daytona) with the custom meteorite dial from AMF, excited to see how that turns out

How did you get in touch with them? I've tried PM'ing them but still awaiting a reply and it's been quite a while now (9th of the month)