• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Introducing AMF Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15202BA

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Happy share another recently finish build .It is 15202BA with full solid yellow gold external parts. Real 18k gold case, bezel, caseback, crown and full bracelet and custom dial and hands .

Have done our usual AP mods on this as the finish is still a little rough but after all mods result is very good looking .

Bevel and polish case and bracelet and brush refine, make the bracelet feel smooth and nice
Silence the rotor
Bezel screws realigned and polished
Alignment of markers and hands and install of custom dial and hands

z0XpUJ.jpg

z0XXhS.jpg

z0XCQP.jpg

z0XPfW.jpg

z0XdnQ.jpg

BlossomboofyBoofystewie2

25/8/18
Australia
Wow! So by using REAL GOLD the weight has to be (very close to) the same as the original.

It will be interesting for someone to work out how much a Gen costs than compare it to this one? I'm no expert on this brand but I'm sure someone can comment on it's accuracy with the gen?

This way (without taking the back off) you could have a 99.95% accuracy at a fraction of the price?

Reactions: bonanzabucks

AMF

Trusted Watch Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/5/20
Wow! So by using REAL GOLD the weight has to be (very close to) the same as the original.

It will be interesting for someone to work out how much a Gen costs than compare it to this one? I'm no expert on this brand but I'm sure someone can comment on it's accuracy with the gen?

This way (without taking the back off) you could have a 99.95% accuracy at a fraction of the price?
The weight is very similar to the original article .Overall this is best that can be done from our perspective without going even more crazy adding gen movement, dial and hands (or custom for gen movement) .All rep, custom or non gen part will never be 100% gen without being made in AP factory .

Reactions: Illuzion001

bbqtrini

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/17
I'm proud to say this pretty little baby is mine. Can't wait to hear that clasp lock on my wrist. The GEN version of this watch is anywhere between 100k to 200k in the grey market which is utterly ridiculous considering the watch is 60k retail fresh out the boutique.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Are there before and after shots to compare the refinishing?