• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Info on this Patek Philippe watch...

JoeyZ

Horology Curious
12/5/09
I could use some info on this watch:

http://www.timeshops.net/pic/digi/1350-1888_sml9.jpg

I can't seem to track down the official Patek version. Is this a "fantasy watch", older version, or...? The listing says it's a Patek Philippe Geneve Automatic Tourbillon White, but I can't find this Gen watch.

And what do you think about it as a rep? I'm not sure if my feeling that more intricate watch reps like this one may not be as well re-produced. I love the look of it though.

Your help/info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
JZ

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
Can I be frank?? I think this is awful. A terrible fantasy piece. You can do a lot better even without spending a lot more. But that's just me... :p

JoeyZ

Horology Curious
12/5/09
rooster133 said:
Can I be frank?? I think this is awful. A terrible fantasy piece. You can do a lot better even without spending a lot more. But that's just me... :p

Thank you VERY much. I suspected it was a fantasy piece, but I don't have the Patek knowledge to know for sure.

I appreciate it. Frank is good. :wink:

scorpion8

Looking Around
26/11/08
4 ur information fellas, Patek never made a tourbillon watch where the tourbillon is actually visible on the front face dial... their tourbillons can only be seen @ the backside of the watch ;)...

Take care,
Peace