• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In love with this - What do you say ?

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Hello friends,

Last weekend, in Florence, I tried this Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra 49mm, and I felt in love.

Sent e-mail to one of ours dealers and he sent some pictures back.

However, as he told me, the gen has an amazing AR that enhances the beauty of the dial, but rep doesn't, since it is an entry model.

My question: Anyone saw or tried this rep ? Anyone bought it and wears it daily ? How is it ?

Thank you for any feedback.

Look at the pics:

GEN
image.png
image-1.jpg

REP
omega-20110302-1_.jpg

omega-20110302-6_.jpg

:thinking:

If you see Kay

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/1/09
Thanks my friend,

But I still have that doubt, did you see it personally ?

I am just looking for a nice dress watch.

yes, I have seen the gen. we have a couple of Omega AD's here and one usually has this one on display. The gen has much finer printing and the minute markers are much more refined than the rep. The rep looks way too thick and the rep has fatter diamond point hour markers, not sharp points like the gen. The rep just doesn't look as crisp, maybe the rep photos are out of focus or something, but it just doesn't have the punch to it. The rep looks, well, just cheap.

Of course, with the clear caseback, the movement is, well, should I say any more....

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
yes, I have seen the gen. we have a couple of Omega AD's here and one usually has this one on display. The gen has much finer printing and the minute markers are much more refined than the rep. The rep looks way too thick and the rep has fatter diamond point hour markers, not sharp points like the gen. The rep just doesn't look as crisp, maybe the rep photos are out of focus or something, but it just doesn't have the punch to it. The rep looks, well, just cheap.

Of course, with the clear caseback, the movement is, well, should I say any more....

You are right Kay, what is the point using a watch for especial ocasions that looks cheap ?

IWC FA Jones, maybe ? (yep the one in my signature... )

Very "chic" watch Paks.

Thanks for the tip.

believer123

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/10
Any sugestion for a dress watch ?

IMO, I like either the IWC Portuguese or the Mont Blanc for dress watches... Also, FYI, I have the Mont Blanc in both A7750 and quartz, and the quartz model is simply amazing!!! It's only like $78 at TS.

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
IMO, I like either the IWC Portuguese or the Mont Blanc for dress watches... Also, FYI, I have the Mont Blanc in both A7750 and quartz, and the quartz model is simply amazing!!! It's only like $78 at TS.

Which Mont Blanc ?

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Hey Bizi,

As a dress watch I suggest a good glashutte senator sixties or the IWC portuguese.

Take a look at mine Glashutte.

2eda6660.jpg

Let me ask you, do you had any issue with the customs in Brasil? I'm thinking of buy an IWC portu, but afraid of it.

Cheers,

Max

Bizi

Renowned Member
4/10/09
Hey Bizi,

As a dress watch I suggest a good glashutte senator sixties or the IWC portuguese.

Take a look at mine Glashutte.

2eda6660.jpg

Hello MAX, gongrats on that Glashutte :)

Let me ask you, do you had any issue with the customs in Brasil? I'm thinking of buy an IWC portu, but afraid of it.

I think Brazil's customs remain the same, you have to be lucky, because it can take long time to release the parcels, but I never got any rep seized.

Cheers.

PS: A "canseira" da alfândega é a demora, daí eu decidi só comprar daqueles que enviam por FedEx, pois parece ter uma espécie de passe-livre. Da última vez, demorou apenas 4 dias da China até minha casa, e não paguei nada de imposto.

Abraços.

maxlawbr

27/9/06
Thanks Bizi.

I had 5 Sea Dweller seized by customs, but then, I received it without tax (I think it is a kind of roullete).

I think the problem is with Rolexes watches, I received Sinn, UN, Glashute, but those days, all my rolexes get seized, I think I should try import the IWC I like, just to check how the customs is those days.

Last question, where do you live?

Max

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
This one wears quite nicely..>>>

As a "dress" watch.....At 42mm, it has a nice presence without being overly "garish", and with its almost bullet proof 21j movement, It can be bought reasonably..(if you can still find one!!)
IMG_1874.jpg

I have had this one for a few years now, and it has always been a reliable performer..

PecMan

4/5/09
i saw at the AD the aqua terra xxl , very very beautifull watch! 2 bad not a good replica of it .