• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Improved Ultimate PO? (PICS ADDED)

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I've had my black/white Ultimate lite for a little while now, but due to a stripped crown tube and my reluctance to send such an inexpensive watch back to China, Andrew offered to send me a new one at a discounted price. I chose the Pumpkin version this time, and it arrived this morning. I had it sized, and now that its been on my wrist for a few hours, I've noticed some nice improvements over my black bezeled version.

• First the build quality seems much better. Everything is straight as it should be. Aside from the pearl lens being slightly askew (I can only see it with a loupe), its perfect.

• The crown screws down very smoothly, and actually feels solid. Don't know if this is an improvement, or due to the fact that my black watch was defective.

• The crown itself is nicer. The teeth are sharp, and the edges are crisp. Feels and looks much better.

• The Omega logo is flatter, and looks much closer to the gen. The black one has a rounded top to it, and because of this the reflected light made it look thinner than the genuine. Still has feet however.

• The AR on the crystal is now the proper color (deep blue). Its still one sided but its noticeably darker. The crystal itself is also slightly thicker.

(hard to photograph, but the black watch reflects light blue, the orange one reflects a blueish purple

• The clasp is much tighter, especially between the first link and the clasp. No gaps whatsoever.

These are all minor changes, but overall the quality of this watch is far superior!

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Geez dawg its only been on my wrist for a few hours lol. I promise to try and take some comparison shots, but these are all pretty small changes. My limited photo skills may present a challange. I will try though!

caravaggio

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/6/06
Yes we want photos.

WE WANT PHOTOS

Sounds like the Ultimate Light I received last week from Andrew. About a month ago, I tried to order one from Andrew but he and Josh were out of stock. Then they were back in.

These minor improvements must be because the "Maker" paid attention and made improvements on the second batch??

HHHMMMM :?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
I can definitely tell you that the AR is reflecting a nice blue/purple color. The Omega logo is really much better too. The crown will be difficult to show in pics, but it has a nice sharp feel to it.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I just sold both of mine. Both the Orange models one ETA Ultimate and one Ultimate lite, and I think you're right on. The new Ultimate Lite is more accurate. The AR is most definitely better, the logo isn't rep huge, the second hand is correctly longer. The only thing that sucks is although the second hand is longer the tip isn't the correct color its gone back to a paler orange. Do you see the same things?

Sean K

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
Yes, the second hand is definitely orange. Same on both of mine.

mans_7266

Known Member
26/12/06
I have an ultimate B&W which I got from Josh 2 weeks go...the seconds hand is also orange

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
I'm not saying its not Orange its just slightly paler then the previous version. Its like the factories improve on a couple different things but regress on others. I've seen this happen on several different rep models. The gen's second hand has a fiery orange tip. The first set of Ultimates had the correct tip but they hand was a little to short.

Sean K

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
calbears03 said:
you guys are killing me. [smilie=violent1.gif]
Is the nit picking killing you? I'm just saying and I think the others are also is that the new Ultimate asian is more accurate that the first bath of 5th gen POs.

Sean K

calbears03

Known Member
12/1/07
no i meant this new info makes me want to get a new PO. just so i know i have the latest...damn slippery slope.

seank1 said:
calbears03 said:
you guys are killing me. [smilie=violent1.gif]
Is the nit picking killing you? I'm just saying and I think the others are also is that the new Ultimate asian is more accurate that the first bath of 5th gen POs.

Sean K

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
it sounds like you got the same one i received from ruby a couple of months ago. it is everything you described. it is extremely nice. even the 42.5 i got for my wife doesn't have any gaps in the bracelet and the clasp is wonderful. these are some of the best reps i have ever seen. i am wearing mine right now!! lol 8)

SD4K

Renowned Member
25/10/06
looks like they improved it pretty much! thanks for bringing this up! :D

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
BTW, one other little improvement that I noticed is that the bevel on the date window is much cleaner, and more pronounced. Nice sharp edges and corners.

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
andreww said:
BTW, one other little improvement that I noticed is that the bevel on the date window is much cleaner, and more pronounced. Nice sharp edges and corners.

Indeed, mine shows the same quality too.

Nice to see things improve so quietly that most of us have not even blinked about this.

Luke

caravaggio

Banned
13/6/06
Well.
The outside is improved , sure, but apparently the movement just a cheap Asian movement, not even at least a true Asian clone of a 2824

Sure, $129 is a good deal but with a "next to nothing" movement?? Can we at least later on, maybe put an ETA 2824 in that one?

LL