• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Important Railmaster XXL question

shultz

24/2/07
Hi there,

I received an interesting offer: A Railmaster XXL (rep). from the first batch. It is promised with a genuine sapphire crystal and a very good lume.

I would be happy if any members/ owners could confirm that the first batch of that rep has been better than the current reps. I heard about that earlier but I never was that interested in Omeega reps and so I didn't any research before.

Many thanks in advance!

dluddy

Known Member
28/10/06
I personally can't confirm but have heard that the first batch had Sapphire crystals. That would be the only difference.

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
I will confirm it for you, I've seen one in person, on Narikaa's wrist, yes it does have sapphire crystal.

shultz

24/2/07
Okay, sounds good. I am pencilled in for an early Railmaster. Cross your fingers for me!

infinitime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/06
Not having seen a genuine XXL Railmaster in the metal, I can only go by the pictures on Omega's website... how accurate is the case and the engraving on the back of the movement? From my cursory examination, the only flaw I can see is the words "Railmaster" being too bold on the rep.

shultz

24/2/07
infinitime said:
Not having seen a genuine XXL Railmaster in the metal, I can only go by the pictures on Omega's website... how accurate is the case and the engraving on the back of the movement? From my cursory examination, the only flaw I can see is the words "Railmaster" being too bold on the rep.

I've seen the real deal at the AD store very often. A noticable difference is the straight ar coating on the gen. The rep is missing a screw down crown but that isn't visible :D The ar coating truly makes a difference.

Veratio

13/3/07
And again, the genuine XXL does NOT have a screw down crown.

In my opinion, from looking at pictures at the replica, it looks very good.

Niclas from Sweden

D

d4m.test

Once again we get misinformation from members here who just open their mouth and let their bum do the talking....!

1. The Railmaster XXL does'nt have a screw down.....!

2. The XXL has AR coating only on one side......and the rep looks no different.....you cannot see any difference.

3. The Railmaster text on the dial is slightly thicker....but only just.....you would never notice the difference.

How do I know.....simple...I have both rep and genuine.....the genuine will be sold soon....the replica meets all my expectations of the watch!

REPLICA
RAILMASTERCOPY.jpg

GENUINE
RailmasterXXL2.jpg

Veratio

13/3/07
Hmm, TTK, I have been thinking about getting the replica XXL instead of my genuine one as well.

Do you think that the quality is comparable as well? I just love the smooth winding of the genuine one, as well as the look of the almost-non-existing glass... Does it compare?

Thanks,

Niclas from Sweden

Veratio

13/3/07
And, one more thing, the lume, is the lume alright on the replica one? I love the lume on mine....

Niclas from Sweden

D

d4m.test

As I said......the replica fulfills all of the requirements that I expected from the original......the winding is smooth....( remember that the replica is using a 6498-2 mov't...same as the original...just that the bridge plates are not finsihed to the same high standard...)......!

As for the lume....it's the best lume of any rep watch....excluding it's little brother.......it will glow like crazy in a niteclub.....and walk into a dark entrance from daylight.....and it's the same....!

BTW.....don't know if you guys are aware...but I sell these......hand picked....and checked......not drop shipped....!
PICT0033.jpg