• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Identifying Movement On This Offshore

rari

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/17
USA
Hey guys!

A friend has given me his offshore to sell on here and neither of us know too much about it so trying to figure out what factory/movement this is before putting it up on the sales section. The build quality is very nice and the Chrono is fully functional. Any help with identifying what movement or factory this is so I can list it up in the sales section would be much appreciated!

Here are some pictures:

VljZnZ.jpg

Vlj6rR.jpg

VljWwg.jpg

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Was unable to edit previous post. What I meant was that it’s not the usual JF sec@12 7750.

Likely a sec@9 7750 though. But definitely not a JF production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and rari

rari

26/10/17
USA
Was unable to edit previous post. What I meant was that it’s not the usual JF sec@12 7750.

Likely a sec@9 7750 though. But definitely not a JF production.

Thank you! Any idea on what factory this could be from?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you! Any idea on what factory this could be from?

I’ve no idea where it’s from but definitely not a JF production.
Did your friend already buy this piece? I will recommend him not to if he’s looking for a “serious” rep.

Reactions: Allure and rari

rari

26/10/17
USA
I’ve no idea where it’s from but definitely not a JF production.
Did your friend already buy this piece? I will recommend him not to if he’s looking for a “serious” rep.

Yeah, he's had it for a while. We know its not perfect so wanted to sell it

Thank you anyways as always Legend :D

Reactions: legend

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
This looks like a seconds at 9 A3126 decorated A7750 from a factory that some non-trusted sites call "JHF". This factory seems to produce some slightly "off" AP ROO and ROC models that share some superficial resemblance with JF products but with some unusual and added defects like the small date and close DW spacing to the dial. To confuse matters further the factory we know as JF (originally known as J12 factory for their classic Chanel J12 clone) has also been called JHF in some contexts. But the JHF product on those non-trusted sites is definitely not the JF we know. I suspect the non-JF JHF knowingly takes advantage of the confusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: rari

rari

26/10/17
USA
This looks like a seconds at 12 A3126 decorated A7750 from a factory that some non-trusted sites call "JHF". This factory seems to produce some slightly "off" AP ROO and ROC models that share some superficial resemblance with JF products but with some unusual and added defects like the small date and close DW spacing to the dial. To confuse matters further the factory we know as JF (originally known as J12 factory for their classic Chanel J12 clone) has also been called JHF in some contexts. But the JHF product on those non-trusted sites is definitely not the JF we know. I suspect the non-JF JHF knowingly takes advantage of the confusion.

Thank you!!

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
I don't want to provide links for non-trusted sites, but you could find some of these for sale on those sites by doing a little web searching, and looking for a model with the same attributes as your watch and JHF branding. Those sites are asking for prices that are similar to prices when Noob unloaded the last of their AP ROO inventory a few years ago ($300). But adjust pricing for the fact that it is used and has more defects than Noob or JF. The price is what someone will pay for it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This looks like a seconds at 12 A3126 decorated A7750 from a factory that some non-trusted sites call "JHF". This factory seems to produce some slightly "off" AP ROO and ROC models that share some superficial resemblance with JF products but with some unusual and added defects like the small date and close DW spacing to the dial. To confuse matters further the factory we know as JF (originally known as J12 factory for their classic Chanel J12 clone) has also been called JHF in some contexts. But the JHF product on those non-trusted sites is definitely not the JF we know. I suspect the non-JF JHF knowingly takes advantage of the confusion.

Looking at the picture I will say its a sec@9. However, rari can confirm this easily.
Whichever case it may be, this isn't the best rep of the Lebron James!

Reactions: rari

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Looking at the picture I will say its a sec@9. However, rari can confirm this easily.
Whichever case it may be, this isn't the best rep of the Lebron James!

Ahhh sorry Al is absolutely right as usual... that's what I get for speeding through the thread and not paying attention.
These off brand JHFs are precisely seconds at 9, and don't even pretend to hide it, unlike some "DVF" ROO replicas that run seconds at 9 but maintain the markings of the 30 minute accumulator. Unfortunately deleting the seconds at 12 transfer plate by running seconds at 9 as on stock A7750 doesn't appear to save you much thickness in this case.

Reactions: rari and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ahhh sorry Al is absolutely right as usual... that's what I get for speeding through the thread and not paying attention.
These off brand JHFs are precisely seconds at 9, and don't even pretend to hide it, unlike some "DVF" ROO replicas that run seconds at 9 but maintain the markings of the 30 minute accumulator. Unfortunately deleting the seconds at 12 transfer plate by running seconds at 9 as on stock A7750 doesn't appear to save you much thickness in this case.

yes exactly, I agree with you on the thickness part. Wrong running sec, and still equally thick lol. Its a no brainer to avoid lol