• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ID-ing a gen Seamaster SMP bracelet

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
Is there an easy way to identify a genuine Seamster SMP bracelet? They seem to pop up for sale on the Bay regularly.

Aside from asking the seller whether the braclet has pins or screws, I don't know how to identify a gen bracelet. Even if it has pins, it could just be an old rep bracelet. Is there an easier way to tell?

Also, does anyone know the correct Omega part number for the current Seamaster bracelet?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
ID Asian clone

JJ,

I was going to post to your WTB post with the same request as I am looking for one too.

As to this post, watch out for people who say "Authentic or OEM" and some sellers from Asia. Personally, I think I would flat out ask if they are offering a genuine Omega bracelet plain and simple if that is what you want. You might be better off going to an AD and negotiating a price better than Authenticwatches.com or Otto.

As for me, I am going to save some money for a good Asian copy with pins. Hopefully by next month.

D

d4m.test

I was wondering the same thing. I am looking into getting a Omega rep next.

MZ

Known Member
23/2/07
I assure you that 99.9 % of the SMP bracelets on ebay are fake. Even if they advertise as original, they are still fake

The bracelet number should be 1503-825 for the standard SMP braclet

a good way to tell if it is real is that the rep ones rarely have pins and rarely have th number 825 engaraved on the end links ( the links that attch to the watch)

good luck

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i am constantly looking for an SMP bracelet. If it lists way below ofrei prices, it's sure guaranteed that it's rep quality.

I believe also the solid end links aren't as curved, but it's so hard to tell with ebay photos.

I've given up since... only surefire way is to buy off of ofrei or soem nice guy off of timezone.