• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

i was wondering...watches that our deallers uses...

Faber

16/3/06
Hi guys,

we have many deallers here and i was wondering what is the watch they were?? Reps or originals??

the one that takes more wrist time...just for fun...

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
mebbe i really dont count as i used to be
a dealer..
but even then I wore?
Both...

if it is nize, it is nize if gen or if is rep
imo

Life is Good!
Klink 8)

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
This was posted on RWG a while back and is possibly one of the most interesting questions. Well dealers? I remember Neil having that gold breguet....

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
dealers r like us online
(they lie!)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Life is Good!
(we need an RWI photo, with date... - an NO photo shoppy)

Life is Good!
Klink :D

bignasty

16/3/06
I once asked Andrew how many watches he had in his personal collection. He returned with the question, "Gens or Reps?" I said, "Both."

He said he has over 100 reps in his personal collection and about 5 gens.

Didn't ask for any more detail. But surely if these guys know as much about watches as we do, it would only make sense that they enjoy owning them and wearing them likewise. Like many of us, they all probably have owned or do own a few gens too!

Jon

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
Absolutely. They must have tons of them.....how can you sell a Rolex, Omega, Panerai, Breitling, etc etc....without drooling over its design!!

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
With all the reps they deal with and all the qualities, they must have tons of goodies!!

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Well they get a lot of money by selling reps..so why bother to have reps again ...300 a piece let say...30 people ...they can easily get 9000..woww...and thats only 1 watch...how bout the others...and the swiss reps...

so i think they have the luxury to buy gens...

for me..all my watches till now are reps ...im so embarrass...

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
moggio said:
so i think they have the luxury to buy gens...
Your maths completely avoided the question of their cost. Nobody is making $300 profit per watch.

Imagine TTK selling some of his obscurities at $85, how much do you think he pays for that? Take into account watches lost in transit and you can imagine nobody is really getting rich of selling replicas. I imagine most of our dealers have day jobs to pay the rent and sell reps for pocket money.