• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I want to get the PO chrono - is this a good choice?

peteyshin

Horology Curious
27/1/12
I'm really liking this watch but from what I've been reading on the forums, people seem to not like it as much as the other UPO. The subidals on this one is closer, but still not as accurate as the gen. Are there any other problems? Also, at puretime, this watch only got 3 stars...I want to get this but I'm a bit hesitant after what I read on the forums and seeing how low of a rating this received.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=106

InDenial

Known Member
17/6/12
I want to get this but I'm a bit hesitant after what I read on the forums and seeing how low of a rating this received.
What is it that you like about this particular watch? Why do you want the chrono over the other one? What are you looking to get out of it?

I think if you answer those questions for yourself, you'll have better idea if this is the right watch for you. If you like for its looks, then you'll have to decide if your desire for it will overcome the other things that you have read about it. Just remember, no rep is perfect. It's about what will make you happy.

jbsails

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/11
I'm really liking this watch but from what I've been reading on the forums, people seem to not like it as much as the other UPO. The subidals on this one is closer, but still not as accurate as the gen. Are there any other problems? Also, at puretime, this watch only got 3 stars...I want to get this but I'm a bit hesitant after what I read on the forums and seeing how low of a rating this received.

http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=37_128_129&product_id=106

See my post above "Just Got it"...that may answer your questions! I love mine just received today! Good luck...

View attachment 5939

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Would the ticking be a giveaway? How loud would it be? Not this watch in particular but in general for all quartz reps.

Most people don't know anything about Omega watches so I would be safe to say an honest no. However if you are concerned about aesthetic of an Omega in that detail, always research and see if a quartz is available for the model of watch or not. I considered buying a quartz PO at one point but never did. I prefer non chrono so it makes it easier, always ETA clone for me.

Although on the other hand, if it says "chronometer" on the dial. Anyone who really knows their watches knows that there is no such thing as a production watch with a quartz chronometer (not that it can't exist, they just don't bother certifying them usually because it is a given that a quartz is going to be accurate in the first place)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
If you come across someone who knows very little about watches, they will notice the ticking second hand and immediately identify it as a fake because you don't have to know much about watches to know that high-end men's watches are nearly all automatic or mechanical.
If you run into someone who knows a very lot about watches, and especially about Omega, that expert will have a very difficult time assessing the subdial spacing while on your wrist.
Subdial spacing = hard to discern for all but a very few people on the planet.
Quartz movement = easy to spot and a dead giveaway even to those merely interested in watches.

So you know which way I would lean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
I have a quartz PO chrono with red 3, 6, 9 and 12. Love it!!!

Who is going to look at the window at 6 and notice the tick? And being quartz, it will never let you down.

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
very hard to see ticking seconds on a small subdial hand