• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I might be getting this SMP... rate?

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
hey guys, I might be getting this SMP (in process of ordering from factory + getting QC pics) this is from a different order in March.

Do you think this is a good rep for SMP 300M? I think it's heads and shoulders above other reps!

$225 shipped with a. eta 2824 moevment

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
This is a much better looking SMP than what i've seen in a long while.

Like:
-Case - cg's and helium valve location are great
-Bezel looks ok, hard to tell if the blue is correct in photos, but looks good
-Hand set's awesome. The second hand couldn't be better!
-Nice date font

Not crazy about:
-Hour markers look off, especially the colour
-End links look cheap
-Pearl...meh..
-Omega branding on dial is funny

Overall a great watch and a perfect platform/start for a franken...nice catch!

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
I don't know where to get a good replacement for a SMP bezel for the pearl other than used and/or new gen... hopefully a cheap one will surface on ebay.

same with the dial, I would to get that as well. Maybe even gen he valve + crown heh.

The printing on my QC (if i get it all, the dealer said he'll refund if it's not the correct HE valve model). of the Omega brand hopefully will be better though!

clkgtr37

Known Member
14/7/10
Which dealer is carrying this one? I have asked Trevor to source more or the Noob red Seamasters, but sounds like they are all gone

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
clkgtr37, I will tell you if the one that's actually mine in the QC pics (which I will receive in the next day or so) is the same model as above.

santre22

I'm Pretty Popular
22/3/12
Im looking for this to do a quartz franken.

I have a omega 1538 movement, gen hands, gen crowns, gen bezel and clasp for this model.

Need good rep case, rep bracelet and gen dail.

dan_j

5/11/10
Om3ga_guy is surely the expert on this one so I won't add much but the bezel colour looks off to me. Gen bezel insert would be the first thing I'd get and that would be a huge step closer to the gen.

Other than that though it does look pretty good

Daniel

thedoover

Snow Monkey Ambassador
Supporter
Certified
15/6/10
The bezel numbers arent aligned with the scalloping on the bezel.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
It is and very easy to fix. The question is, does the bezel click in alignment with the bezel teeth. Happens often that the bezel teeth don't line up @ 12 o'clock.

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
bah! whatever I'm glad the HEV is in the right position heh. still waiting on QC pics.

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
Dude, a great SMP rep either way. Nice catch and good luck.

Dont forget to post photos when it gets in!

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
yep rychastings! I wasn't sure if they had the correct HEV in stock since no other TD has them. I plunged and risked and paid haha.

When did you pay for yours? did you receive any QC Pics?

ap123ap

Known Member
24/3/12
Where is the best place/trader in the UK that has one of these in stock? Anyone know?

Om3ga_guy

28/12/10
Canada
To those who are looking for the best or most reliable Seamaster Professional 300m (aka Bond watch)...

Most if not all the current original Bond SMP reps available are 21j models and carry the same (or very similar) specs to what WBK offers. You will find some trusted dealer websites with beautiful closed factory photos, but like some of you have already experienced the photos are out of date and the reps in the photos are no longer available.

For those lookin to franken or a watch with a 2824, the odd trusted dealer may still have the "red seamaster" model (like Puretime) in an Asian or Swiss ETA 2824, but you wont know until you enquire. This model also has lots of flaws like the 21j budget version.

TWO OPTIONS: either suck it up with a WBK 21j like SMP (and wear it as is because you font franken 21j movements) or shop through the used rep sales area and find either a franken or old closed factory model (good luck!). I hear TripleHD has a stash of these cases in his basement!

WBK SMP - great out of the box rep, but sure it has its flaws. All the SMP reps do even the old closed factory models. But for $120.00 and @ your doorstep in 2 days, what the heck? If your that guy or girl who's anal about the SMP flaws (like me) than buy a used gen. By the time you fix up any SMP (to the point where the flaws are 95% corrected than your in gen price territory)

Typical SMP in 21j (all the dealers carry the same thing (or very similar)) like WBK...
cfdb45d6-adc3-743d.jpg

Typical "Red Seamaster" (all the dealers carry the same thing (or very similar) *if still available*) like Puretime...
cfdb45d6-af16-2840.jpg

Some have been lucky to find new reps with the correct HE valve location, better cg shape or different pearls - my gut feel is these are the remains of old dealer inventories...

ratpatrolteam01

Renowned Member
Certified
10/12/10
I have one for sale for $105 Shipped from NJ CONUS that I just resized and wore once! (I thought I would get the freakin' closed factory one) LOL shameful advertising.

It's really a good rep. I can't do it justice because I usually destroy watches with mineral crystals. WBK gets it to you in your doorstep in 2-3 days max!