• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Portuguese 7 days Power reserve problem

rckh

7/6/07
Dear All:

My Portuguese 7 white dial blue hand finally arrived this noon.
After winding manually & the PR show "7" I start to wear it. From noon around 1:00pm until now midnight 1:00am.
The PR still stay at "7" & won't move; I start to worry about whether my PR is broken or not...:sad::sad:

Any Portuguese 7 owner can share your experience & any comment on this?

Best Regards,
Raymond

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
I assume you wear it between 1pm - 1am, therefore it charge up for you during that time. If you want to test it more just leave the watch by not wearing it for few days to see how long the PR would hold. I think you worried too much and too exited on your new 7 days.

vpn00786

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
15/8/15
if you completely wind an automatic watch and wear it, shouldnt it stay at full. Also given that the power reserve on the IWC is 3/4 days not 7 days, I am sure once it starts losing it reserve the needle will go down quickly.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Absolutely. I think people are thinking the PR should go down after you wind it, but it's an automatic! So if you wear it all day, PR should remain at full. Take it off for 8 hours while you're in bed and see if the meter goes down. I bet it does!

hub6152

I'm Pretty Popular
10/11/12
I have a gen (Eterna) with a power reserve display and that's exactly correct, as long as it's worn the power reserve won't go down. Leave it on the bedside table overnight and for sure it's reduced.