• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I finished my AP Black Themes

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
I finally finished my Black Themes today.

I turned out that after I got this watch I really liked the AP and I wanted to modd it. So I decided for a real ETA 7750, AR coating and Lume job.

So here is the story, I posted the movement modding before, so just some quick pics about it.

Domi did all the modding and the work on the AP. He is a great guy, so for modding an AP just go to Domi. The AR was done from fine dd, I know the GEN does not have it but who really knows, I love it. The lume was done from vac, I sent him a spare dial which I got from my dealer and it turned out to be a great lume job.

Here are some pics ................

After Domi replaced the A7750 with the eta 7750 he added a jewel to the plate which is doing the transfer from sec at 9 to sec at 12.

APRB021.jpg

Here the plate without the jewel

APRB018.jpg

Jewel added

APRB020.jpg

So I had this done about 4 month ago and and then i decided to get a lume job for that watch, so I ask my dealer for a dial and 3 weeks later I got it incl new hands. I sent the dial to the master, vac, and I received the dial back last week. So today I drove up to Domi to change the dial and I am very happy about the result. Great lume job from vac, I really think he is one of the best lumers world wide.

Mounting the dial

IMG_0038.jpg

done

IMG_0042.jpg

Now some pics incl macro of the dial, I am really very happy with the result.

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5986.jpg

and the wrist shot

IMG_5968.jpg

[BLINK]AND NOW THE LUME SHOT[/BLINK]

IMG_5981.jpg

If you need more info, just send me a PM.

Thanks to fine dd for AR, thanks to vac for the lume and thanks to Domi which did all the assembly and had new ideas everytime we had a problem......( I am not going into the details, I may get sick lol....)

midasmook

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/08
Dieter , that is beautiful and I wish you good health to wear it. If you ever tire of it you know where to send it.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
BTW, the strap is from AP Bands, I really like their products for AP watches

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
I put this watch on my wrist last week at the GTG and Dieter had to stop me from running out the door with it. It's just that awesome. And the strap is outstanding too. Well done!!

Another thread of the month right here.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Dieter , that is beautiful and I wish you good health to wear it. If you ever tire of it you know where to send it.

TO ME...:biglaugh:

Great job Guru..I know the time it tooks...so happy end now...congrats to the modders..

vadaviaiciap

Getting To Know The Place
22/12/09
[BLINK]FAVOLOSO[/BLINK]

I can't wait to wear my APROO Orchard Road after Domi & Uwe's work, but I must wait some more...

AAAHHH I'm so jealous ! :headdesk:

Bravo Guru, wear it well and be proud of it !!!

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Tried the gen in London to get the feel of it, had another try out of the IWC topgun...
Leaning towards the AP ROO, and some fine modding to top it off. :)

Seeing people posting pics of the AP ROO really makes it itch in the "need" finger.

Looks damn good and as usual fantastic work by our modders!

Wear it well.

/J

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
WOW, amazing!!

Welcome to the high mod APROO's club. Here is my Volcano:

http://img28.imageshack.us/f/apvolcano1.jpg/

EDIT: Guru, did you need the AP bands conversion kit to install the strap? I have a conversion kit I bought from Andrew (Trusty), do you think it will fit? is this one theyour strap http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=APB&Product_Code=ROO-DOPP-BUCO? I just bought a Grey Themes and now it is with Francisco and he will send the crystal to UWE for his double AR. I was thinking to put the same strap you have in your Black Themes with grey stitching.

thanks

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
WOW, amazing!!

EDIT: Guru, did you need the AP bands conversion kit to install the strap? I have a conversion kit I bought from Andrew (Trusty), do you think it will fit? is this one theyour strap http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=APB&Product_Code=ROO-DOPP-BUCO? I just bought a Grey Themes and now it is with Francisco and he will send the crystal to UWE for his double AR. I was thinking to put the same strap you have in your Black Themes with grey stitching.

thanks

I got several conversion kits and they fit. BTW, that is the strap which I have and I also wrote a review about it on the AP bands strap to get the 25 USD. My name is on that page ....lol...:picard2:

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
I got several conversion kits and they fit. BTW, that is the strap which I have and I also wrote a review about it on the AP bands strap to get the 25 USD. My name is on that page ....lol...:picard2:

Thanks Guru for your answer!!

One more thing: does your strap have white or grey stitching? if it is grey, could you post a picture please?? I will really appreciate it.

Cheers

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
yes, it is grey
I only have time for some iphone pics

f7827b73.jpg

d1634c21.jpg

fitipaldi

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/10/10
WOW, thank you so much Guru!!! I think it will look fantastic with my Grey Themes!
I was afraid the grey stitching would be too white, but looking at your pics it seems to be perfect to match with the dial of my grey themes.

Thanks again!! and enjoy your stunning watch,

cheers

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Guru, thanks for sharing this..I've been thinking to add this version into my collection. Not pulling the trigger yet..but after looking at your timepiece.. i might do it soon ...I will PM you once I clear in my head I want this for my new year party! LOL

beautiful!

technical1

Still New
9/7/10
Guru,

Just a stunning watch. I hope to learn enough to put together something like that one day. Enjoy!

mojojojay

I'm Pretty Popular
2/9/10
nice one Guru , i'll be joining you in a couple of days with a dbl ar , relumed ap roo black themes ! Once taka send me a text to tell me its done ! :D