• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I bought a crappy Omega Rep!

mkuhl2000

Horology Curious
27/6/06
Bought a few asian 21j watches from a vendor not on this board (I don't think..) and got what has to be the biggest piece of crap I have ever bought! Ordered an Omega Seamaster 007 Edition and got one that looked nothing like what he advertised. The picture I ordered from that is advertised as "ALL PICTURES TAKEN OF THE ACTUAL WATCH FOR SALE" is the watch on the right. Look at the watch on the left, what I recieved with scratched up crappy bezel insert and compare to what he claimed I would get. Plus the caseback is standard Seamaster back, not even the "40 years of James Bond" caseback. Oh..and his resolution to this P.O.S....send me a new bezel insert and the caseback. See if you can identify the problems with this rep in the picture!

omega007s.jpg

groovy

29/3/06
That is really crappy.

Don't be shy to mention the dealer or website.

At least your experience will be helping others from making the same midtake.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Now this is super fugly!!! Where did you buy this junk? And why?

andreww

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
What did you pay for it? I'm thinking of picking up a decent version I saw at a local pawn shop today.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You've got what you paid for... Those decent 007 retails for 150 bucks or above (with eta movement).

acidzerocool

Renowned Member
12/7/06
takashi said:
You've got what you paid for... Those decent 007 retails for 150 bucks or above (with eta movement).

Dito.... one thing to learn in this rep game is you def get what you pay for. Sub $150 should tell you off the bat its crap. But you will learn and rebound with a much better watch and will enjoy it that much more. Do your research and check out the dealers here all great and recomended.

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
shit, what sucks is the seller told him - YES this is pictures of the exact watch, and he got stuck with an art class paint job on a grade D rep.

Sorry man. I'd demand a refund!

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
That sucks - Price makes no difference in this case the seller showed one watch and shipped another.

mkuhl2000

Horology Curious
27/6/06
takashi said:

True..but the thing is that if I got what was in the picture as advertised, I'd be content with that. Being "self-employed" in a small town, I don't have the budget for $150-300 for each watch that I like. Not till my business takes off and I start making alot more money!

JCM1662

Renowned Member
6/6/06
thus, again - get your money back or try to. The picture is clearly NOT what was shipped - I dont care if it was $2 dollars, you did not get what you paid for and should be compensated accordingly.

I say [smilie=violent1.gif] this in jest, and smacked in the head for not ordering from a trusted proven dealer here!

DuDro

3/8/06
The Hard Way...

...you learned your lesson the hard way. Now you have a watch that you can take apart and tinker with! Use it as a tool to learn about watch maintenance and repair. Check eBay for the various watch tools and start having fun with the watch!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Yeah you got hosed, a $20.00 bezel and the right would be a decent rep. There isn't much you could do on the left to fix that POS without spending alot of money.

mjv

Renowned Member
16/4/06
I bought a crappy Omega Rep!
you didn't mean to,but that is one fugly watch.....you can practice your "tear down" skills on it. use the dealers here..this will never happen

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
There are a lot of decent $100 watches... I got IWC FA Jones on the way from River... just over $100... Razor fish has a decent Omega PO for just over $100.... :wink:

Many more if you look. Sorry to here about your rip off, and most of us know what it's like to be on a budget... :D Save a little and buy the watch you want... It will be worth the wait... :wink:

Higgy 8)