• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am not clear, what is wrong with the moon-watches sub-dials?

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
I am looking at the moon watch with the Lemaina movement.

When reading I came across this:
On the high-end rep the subdial at three is functional. The pushers at two and four are start and stop/reset. The center subdial at six however runs with the hour hand. Then gen has seconds at nine (as does the high-end rep) and subdials at three and nine are for the chrono.

Can someone please use some different words to describe the subdial functions and how they differ from original?

Subdial
9 - seconds
6 - not understood, does the description mean that it indicates the hours along with the hour hand? if so, can it be set independent of the hour hand for two time zones (that would actually be useful)? Or, is this elapsed chrono hours?
3 - entirely unknown, should be chrono minutes, is that correct?

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
9 - is the running seconds
6 - is hours, but follows the main hour hand. So you show 10 on the main hands, it will show 10. No ability to set independantly (as far as i know)
3 - 30 minute counter for the chrono graph (the chrono seconds hand is in the centre of dial)

Ibn_Hasaf

Renowned Member
26/6/11
9 - is the running seconds
6 - is hours, but follows the main hour hand. So you show 10 on the main hands, it will show 10. No ability to set independantly (as far as i know)
3 - 30 minute counter for the chrono graph (the chrono seconds hand is in the centre of dial)

Thanks, at least you are saying that they go round and round.

What you are describing is basically how my Citizen works. A second time zone would still be both cool and useful.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Cool yes..
But an easy tell for a rep..
Of course an easy fix..
A watchmaker can freaze it quite easilly so as to show always at the 12 point..
An easy fix as noone should use the chronographers IMO..