• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am after a almost-perfectl Rolex rep. Budget is open(within reason)

Huss

Looking Around
4/6/15
Hi,

So I saved some money and I am finally able to buy a good rep Rolex. I am not sure what the options are for "high end" reps. How perfect can a rep get anyways?

My budget is open depending on the expected outcome, within reason of course, otherwise I would just get a gen :laugh: So initially $500, I can increase it if needed.

-Also a quesiton on the side, can some Rolex reps fool guru Rolex dealer/buyer, or they can never go this perfect?
Thanks!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Once they're open it's dead end for every rep.
TC subs are really accurate but tbh I'd suggest you just use the search function. There are several threads that will answer your questions in depth! :)

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
Welcome to the board!

Ok, it depends on which watch you're after. For not much more than 500 you can get a TC Sub and that's about as good as it gets in that price range. So you've got the right budget.

Now, if you're looking for "almost perfect" then I can tell you exactly how much it's gonna cost: All Of It. Seriously, you're talking a gen dial, gen hands, gen crystal, gen crown, gen bracelet, the works. Plus the cost of having it put together. And, depending on the watch, the price can be up there.

So it really all depends on which watch you're looking to perfect.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Hello,

You really need to do some reading and research of your own bro.

Everyone asks the same question 30mins after joining and there is only so many times members will answer the same question over and over again.

Good luck

D

d4m.test

On the wrist the TC can fool guru Rolex dealer/buyer - but not the average guy who read about Rolex:)

TC has no rehaut engraving
TC has no laser etched crown
TC has no engravings at all on the case between the lugbars
Some love the bracelet, others say it´s flimsy and light and not even adjustable without tools

The guru Rolex dealer/buyer will know the first 2 and the last are period correct - but not the 10 average guys on the street who read on ebay how to spot a rep.

The 2 I was using today look like this:

Sub_C_3525.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

hoanghung45

Renowned Member
12/10/14
My first rep was a 250$ piece
The second one costs 2000$. Just want to let you know how scary this game can be

egroegart

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/7/13
yep, we get the same question everyday. best thing you can do is spend some time reading here. there's a ton of info on all the watches and all the versions. Welcome to the site.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Why would a Rolex dealer ever have his hands on your replica watch?

n8dagr8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/15
My first question would be what model rolex? Are you looking for a Sub, Explorer, Daytona, etc? Then do you want it out of the box close enough or are you up for a franken build (adding genuine rolex parts)?

vspede

12/6/15
I'm kind of the exact opposite. I don't mind if the Rep is "not perfect". What I would like a rep to be is keeps good time, stuff doesn't fall off, looks clean, and its waterproof/resistance. I don't mind spending the money, but I want a watch that will last years and is easily serviced/fixed if something breaks.

That in mind, it looks like I'll have to try to get one with a Swiss ETA (since every watch repair shop always quotes "can't fix those chinese watches"). My main concern is to make sure the repair shop can make it water resistant again. I'm going to check out a local place this weekend near Chicago. Will definitely post up info if things are positive.

Superman76

I'm Pretty Popular
8/1/15
I have a Noob v3 that was lightly modded by a member. I love it. It has an asian 2824 and keeps perfect time. If you're worried about the upkeep - don't. You can find good rep-friendly watchmakers or ones here on the board. I just used Katt from the forum and he did a stellar job and was very quick. Spend some time here reading about the movements. Replicas with swiss movements don't always equal superior quality. Those movements are probably not 100 percent swiss. The asian movement clones are actually quite excellent for the money. You'll learn very quickly in this hobby to readjust your ideas of perfection. Some people can have a watch that runs great for years, and others with the same watch from the same factory will have nothing but trouble. This is a fun, but frustrating hobby.

vspede

12/6/15
Good to know. I love this community, and I will keep that in mind.