• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I am about to pull the trigger and..

Status
Not open for further replies.

groovy

29/3/06
.... I had one last question.

do we like the Manual Unitas 6497 movement from Silix?

any opinion is appreciated :D

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
either its chinese or its swiss groovy.

there are so many different variations of both the Chinese and Swiss movements that it's not easy to say that any one of them are better than another. some are engraved some have foil stickers attatched.

My opinion of the chinese movement is based on one nonfunctional movement so I am biased twords the Swiss ones but the Chinese movements can be had in the higher beat models which can be ever so slightly more accurate and in theory there isn't much to screw up with such a simple movement so all things being equal I would go for the Chinese model in the solid caseback versions (its cheaper) and go all out with the Swiss swan neck on the display back versions.

It doesn't matter who you by from you still only have two choices, Chinese or Swiss.

higgy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
17/3/06
I have the chinese 6497 in a Pam 111h and it has been flawless. And very affordable.

Higgy 8)

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
higgy said:
I have the chinese 6497 in a Pam 111h and it has been flawless. And very affordable.

I have a swiss 6497 in my pam111h and it is too, flawless.

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
i've got a mix of swiss, swiss with swan's neck and chinese..all of em work flawlessly...the chinese has a longer power reserve, the swiss with swan's neck looks amazing and the normal swiss is, well, normal.. :)

can't go wrong with any of em..tho i'd recommend that u go for the swiss engraved if money's not an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.