• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I always loved the little Air-King >>

Slugo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/08
I must have owned at least a half dozen AK's. A classic from Rolex, but not all that popular over the years. Here's my favorite with blue dial and smooth bezel. All genuine of course!

2793513784_955be56379_o.jpg

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
very nice!! i too have owned a couple air kings.. very nice watch but a little too small for me.

Slugo

29/7/08
you're right Dizzy, 34mm is a tad too small for today's favorites. Used to be a standard size for dress watches years ago. Funny how things change!

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I liked that oine too for a while. thats my favorite color combo. I liked the Datejust better for it's mor somplex dial and date function.

The smal watches are out, my gen Movado museaum watch is 34mm and seems like a girl watch on my wrist.

Slugo

29/7/08
watchbuff, I agree with you whole heartedly. Even the DJ at 36mm is small by today's standards. I'd love to have a DJ with the same style/color combo though...

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

...Depends on what standards you´re talking about.

My wrists aren´t big, and the 36mm Datejust is just the right size for me. As much as my biggest watches are 40mm (and they look ok on my wrist) But I would never wear anything bigger than this.
Other than that it would look like a wallclock on a strap.

I passed by the AD yesterday, saw the Classic Air-King model and the new redesigned 2007 Air-King in dark blue Dial with orange/red numbers, and the Blue accent is just wonderful. It´s way darker than the photos I saw of the reps around here.
...Rep makers are lazy to get some details right, and this seems that will never change, even on some well known details on certain models... *sigh*

..Anyway
I´m a bigger fan of the Datejust too (That´s why I have 4 of them) over the Air-King, but it´s nice none the less, I plan on getting one after all too, later on.

Cheers,
Spirit.

Slugo

29/7/08
here's my current genuine Datejust. Only wear it on special occasions...

k8.jpg