• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hysek Abyss Explorer

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Anyone? :)

HYSEK-2010-12-14-02-01_enl.jpg

Never heard of them but interesting looking.

Royster629

5/1/11
I'm sure the quality of the Bulova is very high and it's a great looking watch. I will say based on experience, the Hysek rep is very well made, a very complex construction for both case and strap, and pretty unique with the big date and bezel lock. The Hysek has a very smooth big date A7750 vs. the quartz movement of the Marine star.

Plus I think the Hysek could eat the Bulova for breakfast and still have room for a Sub!

Bottom line, the Hysek is a great rep and well worth the $$.

Phil_UK

4/6/11
Yep....think the Hysek is on my wish list now!

By the way, how does the face on the rep compare to the gen (below). It's hard to see in photos, but the gen face appears to have a ripple type effect.

AbyssExplorerChrono-Large.jpg

Does the rep face have something similar? Edit: Looks like the rep pictures do have similar....probably cleare in the flesh!

Thanks
Phil

m3nster

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/10
United States
The rep looks awesome, but very inaccurate. Stare and compare the rep and gen pics you posted and u will know what i mean. Then again i doubt anyone will ever know what a gen hysek should look like.

Royster629

5/1/11
The rep looks awesome, but very inaccurate. Stare and compare the rep and gen pics you posted and u will know what i mean. Then again i doubt anyone will ever know what a gen hysek should look like.

True... Mainly the name on the dial and placement. Texture is the same although the rep picture doesn't show it well.

HYSEK-2010-12-14-02-01_enl.jpg

AbyssExplorerChrono-Large.jpg

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Jesus, that's a monster. I'd be afraid to leave kids alone with it in case it eats them!

magnum645

Known Member
29/9/09
Kind of late now but I just got this watch and it is now my favorite. It makes my PAM187 look like a girls watch. Unless you have 7.5 inch wrist you will have a tough time pulling this one off. What a watch. Super rare especially in the US. Only dealers for gen are in NY and Florida and only 2 of them! Bigger in the EU but this one is gonna get some stares and ooh and ahhs. Nice change from PAM and AP biggies.